Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    umbowler Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2010, 02:43 PM
    My kitchen faucet will not stay tight
    I have new kitchen faucet installed on Granite. The threaded pipes aren't long enough to completely tighten down the lock nuts. How do I get (and keep) the faucet tight? It is a DeNovo Premier Bridge Brushed Nickel Kitchen Faucet with Spray.

Thanks!
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jun 17, 2010, 04:51 PM

How far do he nuts screw on?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 17, 2010, 04:55 PM

Can the threads be started at all?
    If you don't have a basin wrench, (see image) to crank down on those nuts run down to your local hardware store and pick one up.
    Let me know, Tom
    Attached Images

Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jun 17, 2010, 05:46 PM

It is a common problem. You have to remove the plywood the granite sits on. With plywood removed you will have only 3/4" to go through. Now, the threaded part of faucet column will be long enough to accept nut.

Jun 18, 2010, 05:35 AM

The hot side can screw down about 4-5 turns. The cold side only 1 turn. I have a basin wrench AND one of those tools specifically designed for these nuts... but they keep loosening up every 5-7 days or so.

There is no plywood under my granite... it sits right on top of the cabinets.

The real problem, I think, is that (on this faucet) the water supply connects to the same threaded part that the nut tightens down on. And the cold side is thicker granite. I bought "extensions", but they're too long.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 18, 2010, 05:58 AM

I bought "extensions", but they're too long.
    Too long in what way? Can they be cut back? What's the brand name of your faucet? Do you have the model number? One handled or two knobs?
    Back to you, Tom
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jun 18, 2010, 07:15 AM

Snap a picture of the installation from underneath and post it. It is hard to picture what you have. Also, post faucet info as Tom asked. Thanks...

Jun 18, 2010, 08:04 AM

It is a DeNovo Premier Bridge Brushed Nickel Kitchen Faucet with Spray.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tub faucet handle won't stay tight [ 2 Answers ]

I just took off my tub faucet and handles to work on the wall. When I reattached the handles, the COLD handle won't stay tight. I have to re-tighten the screw when I turn the water off. What do I need to do wo it works right? Confused:ds

Handle does not stay up on kitchen faucet [ 3 Answers ]

After turning the handle to the off position on my kitchen sink, it does not stay up and gradually moves to the on position and the water comes back on. I have tried to tighten the tiny screw in the only hole visible, but with no luck. Help please.

Stitches won't stay tight [ 5 Answers ]

Hey I have a Euro Pro X Model # 9120 sewing machine, the stitches won't stay tight even after turning the tensioner knob on top. We also sent it out for repair and maintenance,after a few dresses the problem appeared again. Any Advice?PS the machine is only about two years old!

Ways to stay tight [ 9 Answers ]

I wear tampons sometimes on aand off my period to stay tight along with kegal exercises. So far its been doing the job. Does anyone know if this is safe or not?

Kitchen faucet will not stay on [ 1 Answers ]

I recently installed a Price Pfister 26 Series single control kitchen faucet. It has a lift type turn on lever. This lever will not stay on... As I lift it to increase pressure (volume of water) and let go, it slowly drops and the water turns off. It will only stay on when in the full blast...

View more questions Search