Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wendeet Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2010, 01:16 PM
    My dog is not eating and is finicky - but will throw up when his stomach is empty
    My dog is 2 1/2 yrs and has always been a finicky eater. However, now he will barely eat the raw hamburger, and I have to hand feed him before bed so he won't throw up bile in the morning. What should I do?
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Jun 17, 2010, 01:55 PM

Has he been to the vet?
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2010, 07:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wendeet View Post
    my dog is 2 1/2 yrs and has always been a finicky eater. However, now he will barely eat the raw hamburger, and I have to hand feed him before bed so he won't throw up bile in the morning. what should I do?
    Raw? I have never heard of this, but I don't know a lot:)
    Dogs Expert

Jun 18, 2010, 06:49 AM

Part of the BARF diet I am assuming JD.

Jun 20, 2010, 12:47 PM
    Yes, there's the BARF diet and also a lot of info on that in the Dr. Pitcairn's complete guide to Natural Health for Dogs & Cats. Yes, I just recently took my dog to the vet for his regular check up and also for on going allergy issues. He eats mostly at night before bed. We had started giving him a little before bed to help keep him from thowing up in the am. But now he eats more before bed as he doesn't eat much during the day. And, he will certainly eat chicken or steak or whatever we are preparing for ourselves. We have been known to give him a piece or two of our meat, but have stopped all snacks aside from training until we get him back on track

Yes, there's the BARF diet and also a lot of info on that in the Dr. Pitcairn's complete guide to Natural Health for Dogs & Cats. Yes, I just recently took my dog to the vet for his regular check up and also for on going allergy issues. He eats mostly at night before bed. We had started giving him a little before bed to help keep him from thowing up in the am. But now he eats more before bed as he doesn't eat much during the day. And, he will certainly eat chicken or steak or whatever we are preparing for ourselves. We have been known to give him a piece or two of our meat, but have stopped all snacks aside from training until we get him back on track

theresa101 Posts: 19, Reputation: 3

Jun 22, 2010, 07:10 PM

Don't know anything about the BARF diet, but seems to me feeding raw meat has the potential to introduce dangerous and unwanted microorganisms into the body.
    Dogs Expert

Jun 22, 2010, 07:12 PM

There is a lot of controversy on the BARF diet. I think it's a healthy choice especially for those dogs that suffer from allergies found in manufactured dog food.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Empty stomach [ 4 Answers ]

What constitutes an empty stomach. How many hours?

Finicky dog doesn't want dog food. [ 10 Answers ]

I decided to feed Ruckus Iams healthy naturals as recommended by my vet. But he is not touching his food. He is not even smelling it. But he has been doing this before the Iams. He is such a finicky dog! One time he went three whole days with out eating! I leave his food out for 30 mintues,...

Dog not eating, wheezing, and swollen stomach. [ 3 Answers ]

My 8 y/o retriever/lab mix has not been eating for a few days now. We've tried giving her different options, but she just won't eat for us. She also has a bit of a swollen stomach and is wheezing a bit. My husband and I are confident this is NOT bloat. However, we have no idea what else it could...

Empty Stomach [ 4 Answers ]

How long does it take for the stomach to become empty again after eating?

Empty stomach- what does it mean? [ 7 Answers ]

On some medications it says: "take on an empty stomach". How long does it take after eating for your stomach to be empty again, and does it make a difference what you eat, and how much? Thank you!

View more questions Search