Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HotPotato2009 Posts: 706, Reputation: 15

Jun 17, 2010, 08:13 AM
    Has anyone ever eaten at Outback Steakhouse?
    Hello!

My dad is taking me out to dinner for my birthday. He told me to figure out where I wanted to go. I'm leaning towards outback steakhouse, but I want to get everyone opinion.

I want to know if anyone has ever eaten there, if the food was good, and it affordable.. blah blah lol, that kind of stuff. I'm mostly worried about price. I don't want to go to a really expensive restaurant.

I went online on looked at the menu. I think I want to get that Sirlion Steak with the shrimp (from the barbie :-) ) and you get to pick 2 side dishes. Yum yum!

Thanks guys!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 17, 2010, 08:34 AM

I've eaten at Outback many times - it's local, it's affordable, it's relatively fast. When I travel I look for restaurants with familiar menus and often end up at Outback.

If you've looked at the menu you know the prices in your area (because they vary).

Jun 17, 2010, 08:40 AM

The menu I looked at didn't have prices.
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2010, 08:41 AM

Outback is one of my favorites!! I always get the sirloin, sometimes with shrimp, sometimes without. It is quite affordable. I was just there Monday. My husband and I both got the "outback special" I got 6 oz and he got 8 oz. I also had a margarita and the bill was right around $30.
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2010, 08:43 AM

Oh and the garlic mashed potatoes are really good too!

Jun 17, 2010, 08:59 AM

Oh wow! That sounds great! That may be where I go then :-)

Jun 17, 2010, 08:59 AM

What comes with the Outback special?
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2010, 09:05 AM

2 sides of your choice. I always get the house salad. I really like the croûtons. And then I get the garlic mashed potatoes or the baked potato. My brother likes the sweet potato there too.

Jun 17, 2010, 09:18 AM

Oh wow, they have sweet potatoes too?? Is it baked or mashed? That's cool that you can get a salad too.. I'm liking this place already
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 17, 2010, 09:30 AM

Doesn't their website (menu) show all of the options?

Keep in mind that this is not gourmet food but it is good and reasonable.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 17, 2010, 10:53 AM

The blooming onion is to die for.

Affordable is a related term, I mean it is not 100 dollars a person, ( there are many of those in Atlanta) but it is not Wendy's either.
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2010, 05:50 PM

Don't get the blooming onion, unless you are going to make that your meal. It is sooo good that you can't stop eating and then you will have no room for dinner.

The salmon (which is never on the menu around here) is to die for, they always list it as a special. I have ordered that for years.

Then I discovered a thing in the salad section. Can't remember what it was called, but I was not hungry and going for cheap. It was a 'fillet' sliced with a wedge of lettuce and blue cheese, I was not hungry and ate the whole thing. I could not believe the taste and the price of what I was eating. I will always order that from now on. Haven't been there in a couple years.

Their ribs are also very good, a little fall off the bone if you like that:)

Oh, I am so hungry now:D

Edit: Happy Birthday!

Jun 18, 2010, 07:45 AM

Thanks JustDahlia!

Has anyone ever had the steak? How's that? I think that is what I want to get.

Jun 18, 2010, 07:46 AM

@ FrChuck - Is the blooming onion a onion?? And is it a appetizer?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 18, 2010, 07:48 AM
    OMG, the blooming onion is DA BOMB!

Yes, it's an onion, a very sweet onion dipped in breading and deep fried to a slight crisp. The dipping sauce is to die for!

Yes, it's an appetizer.

Jun 18, 2010, 07:51 AM

Oh OK. So its almost like eating fried onion rings, but in a bigger portion?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 18, 2010, 07:52 AM
    Well, you could say that I guess, but it's in a class all by itself.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...26tbs%3Disch:1
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2010, 08:01 AM

Oh, get their blooming onion for an appetizer and they have great bread too. I love their steak and garlic mashed potatoes. Last time I ate there with my girlfirend it was $27.00 but that was with the blooming onion and 2 drinks.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2010, 08:16 AM

Hello Hot:

I LOVE the restaurant business. You picked the perfect place, in terms of price... Now, I don't know about the food. I've never eaten there.

But, I can tell you that the chain is owned by Paul Fleming. He's the PF in PF Changs. He also owns Flemings in Scottsdale, Az, which is a very high end steakhouse. I HAVE eaten there, and it was the best steak I ever had. He also runs Z'Tejas Grills, and ran a Ruth Chris in California for years.

So, the guy knows steaks. He established Outback as his medium price outlet. Let me know how it is.

excon

Jun 18, 2010, 08:39 AM

Excon - I will let you know. I'm going there tonight with my dad and sister.

Adam_89 - That's not bad at all. $27.00 for 2 meals?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Who sings these lyrics- Welcome to the outback steakhouse? [ 1 Answers ]

I'd like to find out the artist and name of the song to these lyrics- Welcome to the outback, welcome to the outback, welcome to the outback steakhouse. It sounds like they play the flute in the song and its got really crazy lyrics, but can't remember them too well. Says something about working...

Need movie title about kids in the outback [ 2 Answers ]

I recollect seeing a movie that started with a family going on vacation in the outback and parking too close to a cliff that they subsequently went over, leaving the child or children to fend for himself in the outback. Any help out there... or do I need to dial back my meds

What fraction was eaten between them? [ 4 Answers ]

John eats 2/5 of a bar of chocolate. Linda eats 4/9 of what remains. What fraction of the bar of chocolate have they eaten between them? Is this correct? 1-2/5=3/5 (Which is what was eaten by John) 4/9 of 3/5=4/15 (She ate 4/15) 4/15 + 3/5 = 13/15 Which is the answer.. I am not sure...

The theme song to Outback Steakhouse commercials [ 1 Answers ]

This is by another band and this song is partially the theme song to Outback Steakhouse's commercial this is the chorus Let's pretend we don't exist, let's pretend we are in Anartica.

Exercise and Eaten right [ 1 Answers ]

Hey, I'm doing really great in track. Track is helping my endurance and speed. But I have question what are some ways to eat right and stay in shape while doing track.

View more questions Search