Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ciaobella716 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2006, 09:19 PM
    TOO CLASSY? Please help!
    So I am in my last year of high school, and I have not had a serious boyfriend. A few hookups, but nothing serious. And no guys have ever asked me out. And every guy that I like and likes me, turns out to be totally full of himself. I must admit, I am a very classy girl, but that makes me think, too classy? Are the guys intimidated by my classiness?
    I am about 5'9, flat chested, long skinny legs, audrey hepburn type body & audrey hepburn looks. No blonde bombshell... Maybe high school boys are immature still and only want to get action and know class won't do it? I mean everyone thinks I'm gorgeous and I do model, and I have a great personality! I just don't know why no guy has ever asked me out! Any advice? Maybe I'm just too mature? Everyone tells me they're intimidated? I just don't know how to be less intimidating!!
    s2tp Posts: 299, Reputation: 61

Dec 11, 2006, 09:32 PM
    High school really isn't the place for serious relationships. I tend to believe life after high shool is when people really start to fit into their social circles...

I will go on a stretch her, and I am not trying to insult you by any means... but could you possibly too full of yourself? Its obvious you have a healthy confidence in yourself, but with how much you talk about being classy, makes me think you look down on others who are not 'your standard'. Standards are good to have... but how high are yours? I would say to just look at yourself, and if you look down on others a lot... you may need to let some of th air out of your head :) Please don't think I am trying to bring you down though. I have had my points of arrogance in life I have never been a model though... I just let some things get to my head and when I looked at how I had changed, I didn't like it... I had been full of myself.

Anyway... whether you are full of yourself or not... I wouldn't be worrying about serious relationships in High shool. Most of them are heart breaks anyway. Just continue to mature and the right guys will come your way...

Best of luck
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Dec 11, 2006, 09:39 PM
    It seemed to me in high school it was all too often all about looks. So maybe there is something about your looks that seems unapproachable to the guys. There is a fine line between confidence and being full of yourself too-- you might want to do a reality check in that area, just a thought. Fortunately later on in college and after, the values deepen and people actually begin being interested in each other for aspects that go well beyond such surface things as looks. Maybe by then you'll have learned how to be less intimidating or they won't intimidate nearly so easily. I know I had a tendency to intimidate the guys with how smart I am but fortunately (or not, depending on how you look at it LOL) I am packaged in a look that is sort of classic ditzy blonde LOL, which helped balance the scale a bit for me. You may have to resort to some restyling yourself along friendlier lines, at least until classy returns to being more in style? PS - I did not have a boyfriend until my third year of college.
    PinkParisKitty Posts: 21, Reputation: 5

Dec 12, 2006, 11:57 AM
    Ah High School... I would agree with you that most guys I think would like the "Blond Bombshell" that you describe, but in high school I WAS that type! However, I much rather enjoyed a good book, cup of coffee and debate tournaments to cheerleading and the other sterotypical "blond" ambitions. I had my share of dates, but honestly I don't think HS is the place to focus on relationships that are anything more than a pleasant outing, movie, and dinner. I was much happier focusing on all my service projects, girl scouts and academic teams (debate, latin).

Maybe you are intimidating? Looking like Audrey Hepburn can be intimidating for the average joe. If you look like a movie star (so you claim) maybe guys worry they won't be "good" enough to take you out? Another interesting issue-- maybe your uber confidance is coming off as arrogance? I admit, guys very rarely have to deal with this type of thing, but for a girl to be confidant about herself and openly proclaim it usually sets guys on alert.

You can be quietly confident and maybe your being "classy" has been labeled a Prude? I have to say that there is nothing wrong with being labeled as such because that means that you aren't dropping your knickers for everyone and anyone-- but this could also be a reason no one wants to take you out because they assume that there is nothing "in it" for them. If this is the case then you aren't missing out on much really and you should focus your energies on modeling and other activities that make you happy.

Maybe your focus on your modeling career, academics etc. makes you intimidating? HS is a place where insecurities flourish and maybe your focus makes you intimidating? I was told the same thing because I was a straight A student, Honors society member, debate team and other pursuits that if you were a wilting flower you wouldn't be able to succeed. I have been told, after the fact, that there were many who were scared of me because they thought that I was severe and only focused on post-HS activities (college, career, travel).

I am sure that you have a wonderful personality, but if these boys aren't able to look past your intimidating exterior and focused energy then you really aren't missing out on anything. When you get to college or post-HS you will see that there are men out there who have varied tastes and are much more willing to take a chance with on a lady who has substance.

Once again, you might try toning down your overt confidence if you are worried that you are intimidating. Be quietly confident and maybe you will seem less arrogant. It is unfortunate that females have to do this, but in all honesty a confident female is scary for many HS boys. If you don't want to do this-- which is understandable and I didn't do it-- just realize that you might have to wait until after HS and really you are saving yourself a lot of stupidity just doing it that way.

In any event, have fun and enjoy HS. Don't worry so much about boys-- you will have a whole mess of worries concerning the male species after you get done with HS and there is no reason why you should worry about them now. They are there and always will be, but the satisfying events and acccomplisments that make HS memorable won't be. Savor what you have now and look to the future.

This too shall pass ma cherie.

~Kitty~

PS- Do you have myspace? www.myspace.com/pinkpariskittyforever -- There's my address... feel free to add me.
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2006, 12:07 PM
    You sound gorgeous. Don't worry about it. Whne you're an adult you will beat them off with a stick. High school guys don't know any better.

Maybe they are intimidated.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search