Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    binx44 Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 88
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2010, 08:45 PM
    I just got the creepiest phone call ever...
    OK, I know. Random thing to talk about coming from me since I usually don't post much in the member discussions part of the forum... But I just had the weirdest thing happen.
    I'll give a little background first.. I just moved to Alberta, like two weeks ago. Drove here from Ontario. I changed my number the day I got here so I haven't had an Alberta number for long. I had moved from the maritimes into Ontario not long before that and my number was from there.(the maritimes lol).

I just got the creepiest call ever, I almost feel I should save the number and title it "do not answer ever" because I can't block calls (I called the company and asked once before about that like 8 months ago)
    At first I thought it was my new boss (sounded like him).. he said hi, asked how I was doing, I said that I didn't like it was raining, that I took the dog for a walk.. (my boss knew I had a puppy but didn't know what kind) he asked what kind of dog it was, I responded that it was a bulldog... (conversation still normal, still assuming it was my boss because I know NO one here in Alberta that would call me other than auntie, uncle or jay and they were all programed in my phone)

That's when the conversation got weird.. he said, "well, i just got this phone from a buddy of mine and was told to call everyone on it and tell them things were back up and running and we're on, you do soft or hard?":eek:
    My response " I don't know who your talking or what your talking about so don't call here again"
    then he tried to ask my age and name and I hung up..

Has anyone else ever gotten a really creepy phone call like that?
    *i felt the need to ask, it's the first time I've ever got a wrong number call that was like that*
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jun 16, 2010, 09:01 PM

Well I lived in the maritimes, moved out to ontario and now living in a new province as well and never had that experience.

That is really weird. Have had wrong number calls but thank goodness nothing like that.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Jun 20, 2010, 04:30 PM

OoO Definitely creepy!

I keep getting a call from a man asking for Mrs. Geddies. Not my last name. One day he called 6 times! I asked if he was calling from a call center, told him repeatadly he had the wrong number, he asked my name, I asked again where he was calling from and he replies "none of your business B****"!
    And than he hung up. Today I saw the number pop up again, I didn't answer, but I got a call from a different number, and I think it was a different man asking for a Mrs. "G". I just hung up this time.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 20, 2010, 04:39 PM

Every time I get a new phone number, I get calls from all sorts of people. ( normally bill collectors)
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2010, 04:44 PM

If you just switched your number, it could be he was trying to get a hold of the person that had your number before you. I don't know if where you live has anything to do with it. I'm not sure how long the number has to not be in service before they assign it to someone else, but I had a few calls when I first got my phone where people would ask for the same person. I later found out that I had her old phone number. Very strange though when that happens.
    binx44 Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 88
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2010, 05:03 PM

I know they reuse numbers quite quickly out here, happens all the time. I'm just used to the normal phone calls LOL.. the "oops sorry i've got a wrong number, thanks have a good night(day/evening) bye" calls. The "Mrs. G" call would have creeped me out too
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2010, 05:15 PM

True but if this guy was actually calling for someone else, maybe he didn't know that he had the wrong number since he hadn't talked to you before. Maybe if he calls again, answer and ask who it is he's trying to reach.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Jun 20, 2010, 05:31 PM

I wouldn't answer it, what ever they were doing either sounds illicit or umm well explicit.
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2010, 05:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora_Bell View Post
    I wouldn't answer it, what ever they were doing either sounds illicit or umm well explicit.
    I thought that too, but I would want to find out if this crazy person knew my name or if they really did have the wrong number if it were me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Returning phone call [ 9 Answers ]

Hi guys - I met a girl last weekend at a mutual friend's party and spent most of the time talking to her there. We hit it off great, I split a cab with her home, got her phone number and really felt like she was interested. So I called her last night and left a voicemail. I usually don't really...

1 more week to go with NC, then the phone call! [ 11 Answers ]

I have been doing the NC and have one more week to go before I can contact my ex by phone. Rule is that you cannot leave a message, you need to keep ringing (once a day is suffice) for a couple of days. If he does not answer the phone and has ID can only hope that he will ring back to see why I...

The phone call [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I fell ij love with the man who helped me a lot to escape from my emotional and psychological problems. One day he suddenly did not want to see my anymore without explaing what happened.. I only got insight that he was angry about something but did not want to speak.( we saw each other for...

Do you think a phone call a day is too much? [ 16 Answers ]

You never see your girlfriend or boyfriend except for maybe once a week. Do you think receiving a phone call a day from your boyfriend or girlfriend is too much?

Unknown Phone Call [ 1 Answers ]

What is the number you call to have your number come up as unknown? I think it is star 67 or 69, but I am not sure.

View more questions Search