Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mikeyy37 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2010, 08:42 PM
    I get ssi and have child support order of arrears, do I still have to pay my monthly
    I get ssi, and have a court ordered payment for arrears for child support. Do I have to keep paying my monthly payment
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2010, 09:06 PM
    What would make you think otherwise?

If something is court ordered, doesn't that mean you HAVE to pay it?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jun 16, 2010, 09:30 PM

That is your responsibility.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 16, 2010, 10:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyy37 View Post
    i get ssi, and have a court ordered payment for arrears for child support. do i have to keep paying my monthly payment
    Hi, mikeyy37!

Is your monthly payment for the arrears, current support or both, please?

Also, are you having difficulty in making the payments?

It's not really clear in your original post as to what the issue is here.

Thanks!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 16, 2010, 10:50 PM

Of course you have to pay. Your child has to eat, be clothed, have a roof over his/her head. You helped create the child, they aren't free.

If you can't afford it, then find a way to afford it. If it means giving up a few luxuries, like internet access, then that's what you do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Child support in arrears [ 1 Answers ]

I get half time child support for two children that have lived with me full time for the past five years. It is seldom that they see their father or spend a weekend. If I get child support changed, is it possible to have the change in arrears for the last five years? The father also owes over...

Child support and arrears but child will be living with non-parent while in college [ 1 Answers ]

I am a non-custodial parent living in Atlanta, GA paying my court appointed child support plus arrears. This year my daughter will be 18 and will be living with me (coming from Sterling, VA) while going to college. Is there a way to negotiate the arrears amount or settle out on an agreed amount...

How come recipients of SSI don't pay child support? [ 17 Answers ]

My son is 16 months old and I was denied child support due to his father being on SSI. I think its not fair and he still can work and make money but he doesn't help support his son in anyway. Even people that are retired and get social security can have child support taken out. My son's father is...

Child support arrears [ 8 Answers ]

I have an arrears balance af about 4000.00 for the state of PA. My employer decided to give us this years cost of living raise in 1 lump sum check for the whole year. I was informed that domestic relations is going to take it. My question is, how can they do that? It's not like it's a bonus or...

View more questions Search