Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    careyt Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2010, 12:40 PM
    Oil Painting Value - Douglas Van Howd - Bull Elephant & Mate
    I have found some info on the painting I was asking about. It's painted by Douglas Van Howd, it's typically referred to as "Bull Elephant & Mate" or just "Bull Elephant".

Now I need to know if it's worth getting appraised or what. Does anyone have a clue what this original is worth??
    careyt Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2010, 12:44 PM
    Here are two pictures of it:

the whole painting:

Close up of signature:

thatcomedian Posts: 53, Reputation: 4

Jun 16, 2010, 06:09 PM

This list shows 3 oil paintings. You'd have to be a member to see more detailed info but it does show the titles, price and size.
    Artist Douglas Van Howd. Free art prices (1935-)
    rstella Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2010, 12:28 AM

There doesn't seem to be any info available at all on the going rate for original Van Howd paintings. Good luck!
    jerrykeys4 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2010, 06:44 AM
    Hi If you e mail this person, she will give you an estimate.
    "Holly Thomasson" <[email protected]>.I was really surprised of the value of my copy on canvas. The copies on paper are also valuable. Yours is similar to mine,different animals. It is worth your time, they are very nice. They are at the Van Howd museum,studio, I think. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Identify Painting Name and Artist - Oil Painting - Rabbi with shtreimel [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am looking to identify the Artist's name and Painting name of this Rabbi with a shtreimel (fur rimmed cap) Is is in oil, was framed in the 70's in Winnipeg, MB. Canada. Was told a tale that the Painter was Polish in origin, and went blind, this being his last painting. Photos we...

How far back do pit bull bloodlines go, & how many are there? [ 2 Answers ]

How far back do bloodlines for pit bulls go, & how many are there? How did all of the silly names come about? I know what a bloodline is-- I have a pit bull myself & I know her bloodline, I'm just curious about it. I have done my reseach and come up with practically nothing-- Can any one...

My van just locked its rear wheels due to lack of lubricating oil in the differential [ 1 Answers ]

I was driving my van when it just locked its rear wheels.I discovered the differential drain cock wasn't there and it had leaked out all the differential oil.Is there a good chance that when I refill it with the differential oil it will work just fine?

1991 chevy astro van oil leak [ 1 Answers ]

Hello my name is javier and I have a 1991 chevy astro van that has a transmission leak How can I fix it myself

1994 Astro Van idles rough and low oil pressure [ 1 Answers ]

I got a 94 Astro Van that seems to run fine when you are driving ,but when you stop at lights or stop signs she will shake pretty badly and the oil pressure will drop all the way down with the gauge bouncing up and down. When I hit the gas again the oil pressure jumps back up to about the midway...

View more questions Search