Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    freeemmlo3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2010, 10:44 AM
    How much time do people receive for a gun being a 1st time defender and shoting a dog
    How much time can you receive for being 16 and having a gun and firing it at a dog being a 1st time offender
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 16, 2010, 11:31 AM

Were they already an offender ? Not suppose to have a gun ?

Normally it will also depend where you were shotting, like in your backyard with people around, or houses around.

Also understand that shooting a dog is in some states a serous offense, ( cruelty to animals) but it is I believe a crime in all states.

So it is most likely if you have a clean record, and the gun was properly owned and licensed, you will get probation,
    Now the adult who owned the gun, have they been charged ?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 17, 2010, 06:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by freeemmlo3 View Post
    How much time do people receive for a gun bein a 1st time defender and shoting a dog
    Hello free:

25 years, and that's not long enough.

excon
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 17, 2010, 06:47 AM

That's a felony in NY, complete with a heavy fine and jail time. I hope you live in NY.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Theft under $5000. 2nd time. But 1st time since 18th [ 4 Answers ]

Hey all, So basically the story goes like this: In April of 2006, I was arrested for theft under $5000 for car prowling in a neighborhood and some alleyways. I was 17 at the time. We got caught with $1500 worth of golf clubs in the back of my dads car. Needless to say, my dad was pissed....

How much time do you get for a gun charge first time offender [ 9 Answers ]

How much time do you get for a gun charge first time offender

First Time Felon With Gun Charge [ 8 Answers ]

My son is 19 years old. He just got charged with his first felony for carring a concealed weapon. In the past, he has incurred other minor charges. Such as having marijuana this charge was paid out. He also had a driving charge of operating a vehicle with out license, this charge was paid out as...

Violation of probation 1st time with 1st drug charge offense [ 12 Answers ]

OK so here is the situation: 2 years ago this December a friend of mine was arrested for possession of cocaine with intent to sell, possession of marijauna, and possession of paraphonalia. He served 1 night in jail and was released on bond. When he went to court he was able to drop the charges down...

How much jail time will she receive [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter was charged with 2 counts of theft under and 1 count of breach. She has a young son of 22 months and is on social assistance. Her common law husband has just started a new job. How much jail time will she if any get? blister01

View more questions Search