Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    suedolas Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2010, 10:16 AM
    Can a Pennsyvania employer make it mandatory that your pay be direct deposited
    A company from out of state bought an existing Pennsylvania company. They are requiring that all employees submit their bank information for payroll direct deposit into their individual personal accounts. Is this legal? The prior company gave them an option of receiving a check from the company.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jun 16, 2010, 04:37 PM

Is it legal, yes. As along as they want to pay a payroll company to deposit the funds into your bank account you ARE getting paid. A lot of companies are doing this these days to prevent "lost" checks or checks that were intercepted by wrong parties in the mail. Most states have now opted to have their unemployment benefits direct deposited or the money put onto a credit/debit card they issue. Cuts out a lot of fraud.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 16, 2010, 04:47 PM

Yes, it is very very common, even state and local governments are doing it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I pay $1 for LTD premiums after taxes and employer pays rest. Is my LTD pay taxable [ 1 Answers ]

I pay $ 1 for LTD premiums after taxes. My employer pays rest of premium for LTD for me. Will my LTD checks be taxable now that I've just been granted full disability?

Landlord refusing to make mandatory repairs (MO) [ 3 Answers ]

I am attempting to advocate for a friend of mine who currently has no heat in her home for her, her child, her pets and her husband. Apparently, the furnace is broken (has been for 4 days) and because she owes the landlord $150.00 remaining on this months rent, he is refusing to make any necessary...

Stimulus Check Direct Deposited [ 2 Answers ]

I have not received my stimulus check as yet. The last two digits of my social security number are xx. Can you let me know what is happening?

Can my employer really make me pay back minimum wages as a draw? [ 1 Answers ]

I am an inside sales rep and signed a simple contract stating I would get a three month draw of 2000 per month. I woul have to meet a certain level of production to get the 2000 or else I would receive a $1000.00 draw. I have been there for 11 weeks and I have received to paychecks based solely...

View more questions Search