Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bradram Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2010, 08:00 AM
    vision interruptions
    I have been having episodes off and on (twice in a few weeks time) where my eyesight changes to having an area in the middle of what I am looking at that is like when you stare at light for too long and things are not clear anymore. It is just in one part, the very center of what I am looking at and then on my left side, I noticed that it is like there is a ceiling fan running in the corner of my eyesight. My left arm gets cold and numb a bit too. I am 42, been on the pill for 27 years, I am wondering if it could be affecting me that way now. I feel fine, just a bit floaty when this happens. I am going to the Dr. for a physical July 5th. Should I be overly concerned with this?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jun 16, 2010, 04:39 PM

Call your eye doctor and make an appointment. You should not just be blasé about this as it could worsen. The pill may or may not be the cause of your vision problems. Your eye doctor will be able to discern just what this problem is with a thorough exam.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 16, 2010, 04:45 PM

And if possible I am not sure I would wait for the doctors appointment
    bradram Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2010, 02:45 AM
    Thank you for repyling, I spoke with my eye doctor and they feel it is health related since it is happening in both of my eyes at the same time, they asked me if I have been stressed lately, I have been... lost my Mother just a few months ago and I am still trying to handle it (she was only 67 and we were extremely close) and of course life itself these days is crazy busy. Anyhow, I spoke with my Dr. and they said that if I get other symptoms like headaches, nausea or more episodes of what happened the other day to go to the emergency. So far, I am feeling OK. I will wait for my Dr. appt. July 5th, I am hoping that I can get referred to a Dr. that knows about hormones and determine if the pill should be stopped, my Dr. said I could stay on it until menopause but I keep thinking it may not be healthy to do so. I have been blessed to be healthy all my life (42 now) and I just don't want to be doing something to my body and find out later that it was from the pill. Well, that is my soap opera for today, have a great day everyone.
    IDOC21 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2010, 06:22 PM

I would see your eye doctor and request an OCT (opitcal coherence tomography) while symptomatic. This sounds like a condition known as central serous retinopathy (please do not consider this a diagnosis). It is temporary, but too many occurrences and that blurry spot may stay in the center of your vision.

Additionally, if you might happen to be a smoker over the age of 35 and on the pill, then these could be the halmark of a very serious condition and I would talk to your PCP.
    DSkelton Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2010, 05:17 PM
    I have been experiencing the same symptoms you have described. I asked my eye doctor at the last eye examination I had, and she said it sounded like an eye "headache", where the blood is suddenly rushed to the eyeball for some reason. That was all I got as an answer, and she had run all the thorough eye exams on me and said my eyes were healthy with no disease or disorders. I am not on the pill, have not been for 8 years, and I do not smoke, never have. I had one of these today, and I have noticed mine occur after having walked a good distance. I am going to make an appointment with my medical doctor about it, because I think it is something physical going on. I do have high blood pressure and take blood pressure medication.

Jun 28, 2010, 05:17 PM
    I have been experiencing the same symptoms you have described. I asked my eye doctor at the last eye examination I had, and she said it sounded like an eye "headache", where the blood is suddenly rushed to the eyeball for some reason. That was all I got as an answer, and she had run all the thorough eye exams on me and said my eyes were healthy with no disease or disorders. I am not on the pill, have not been for 8 years, and I do not smoke, never have. I had one of these today, and I have noticed mine occur after having walked a good distance. I am going to make an appointment with my medical doctor about it, because I think it is something physical going on. I do have high blood pressure and take blood pressure medication.

Jun 28, 2010, 05:20 PM

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the difference between digital camera vision system and strobe vision system? [ 3 Answers ]

What is the difference between digital camera vision system and strobe vision system?

Interruptions in gas flow in Trane XL80 furnace. [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all. I have a Trane XL80 two stage forced hot air furnace, which is 9 years old. Last winter I found the furnace blower running, but the burners were off. Following directions that I read on one of the handyman forums, I cleaned the thermal control device (the little metal rod in the gas/flame...

Vision [ 1 Answers ]

I have no medical or vision insurance I am in bad need of a eye exam and a pair of glasses.the last place I visited said they would give my money back if the galsses weren't right and I told them they weren't right but they wouldn't refund my money so I could go to another eye doctor. That has been...

Too many interruptions [ 2 Answers ]

Here’s my problem. There is this guy at work that constantly anticipates what you are about to say and interrupts you to finish your sentence. My question is, what is the best way to tell him to stop and listen without coming off rude and without embarrassing him in front of others?

My vision [ 23 Answers ]

Okay so recently about like 2 months ago I went to visit the doctor and he said I need glasses I forget if he said I had the eye disease but I think he did which means I need glasses but the weird thing is I cannot see small lettering from far and one of my eye its like weird and people tease me...

View more questions Search