Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Beach9618 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2006, 06:23 PM
    cutting tile curves in fron of tub
    What's the best way to cut porcelain tiles for the curved area along the front of the tub. I will be using 12 x 12 porcelain tiles. I was thinking I could use my angle grinded with diamond blade to get the basic shape then use tile knippers to finish it but I have a feeling it's not going to be a very smooth looking cut. Any ideas?

Jim
    skiberger Posts: 562, Reputation: 41

Dec 16, 2006, 10:13 AM
    If it is a small arc towards the edge of the tile I use the nippers. If it more into the area of the tile I make cuts into the tile towards the line I have drawn with the wet saw the finish off with nippers.
    Beach9618 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2006, 10:56 AM
    Thanks,

That's kind of what I figured.

Jim

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New Drain - Too many curves? [ 4 Answers ]

Adding a bathroom to my basement and had to move the drain for the shower. The pipe under the cement is cast iron so I am trying not to have to cut it. The Iron pipe has a trap right under where the old drain was, it now needs to be about 18 inches away. Was thinking about how to move it and...

Replace Sunken Tub with New Tub & Surround [ 0 Answers ]

I have a 34 year-old tiled concrete sunken roman tub that's too ratty to even think about soaking in. Besides that, the stopper's gone and the whole thing needs to be updated. It's currently being used as a step-down shower. Some dimensions: Length 57", Width 27 1/4", Depth 11"(only 6" after I...

Cutting A Tile Floor [ 4 Answers ]

One of our experts is asking for our help in a E-mail. Since I have no experience in this area I'm posting his E-mail here. He's away from his computer and on vacation so if any of our experts have the solution to his problem I'll E-mail him back with the answer. Thanks, Tom From : ...

Curves anyone? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I'm thinking about joining Curves and am wondering if anyone had any insights to the program or are willing to share their personal experience with it. My main question is... I've never heard of using hydrolic equipment and don't know how it compares to the "normal" equipment found at...

View more questions Search