Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Missaray Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2010, 06:23 PM
    Approval from supervisor to medical appointment 48 hours in advance?
    Is it a HIPPA violation for a supervisor to require that I give 48 hours advance notice as well as obtain his express approval before I can go to a medical appointment?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 15, 2010, 06:47 PM

No, it sounds like merely standard company policies, to get permission before taking off work
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 15, 2010, 06:47 PM

HIPAA (not HIPPA) "... protects the privacy of individually identifiable health information; the HIPAA Security Rule, which sets national standards for the security of electronic protected health information; and the confidentiality provisions of the Patient Safety Rule, which protect identifiable information being used to analyze patient safety events and improve patient safety."

This has nothing to do with advance notice and approval for medical appointments.

Do you have an employment contract or belong to a Union?
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2010, 02:45 PM

No violations with HIPAA, but you may want to see what your company policy requires.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 19, 2010, 03:24 PM

I know unless it is a emergancy, the company I work for, we are often booked ( scheduled) for a week or more in advance, so we need to often give a week or more notice for anything but something that just comes up and is seroius enough to keep us out of work
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2010, 01:52 PM

I think you just need to give adequate notice before an appointment ( any appointment ) just to make sure that your position will be covered for the length of time you are at your appointment.

This is pretty standard in what ever job you do.Personal details of your appointment are exactly that... personal

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Salaried employee works 2 hours, do I get paid for 8 hours? [ 5 Answers ]

If I'm a salaried employee, and work 2 hours in the office one day, then go home sick, does my employer have to pay me for 8 hours?

Working hours vs lunch hours [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I am presently working. I love my job so it's not an issue to me if everyday, I come in to work earlier than I should be and going home later than I should, eversince I was employed in this company. Today, our HR had sent me an email with our CEO copied on reminding me that my lunch hour is...

Two taps can fill a tank in 75/8 hours .Tap of larger diameter take 10 hours less tha [ 1 Answers ]

Two taps can filla tank in 75/8 hours.If tap of larger diameter take 10 hours less than the smaller one to fill the tank separately.Find the time taken by the taps to fill the tank separately?

No-show known in advance by plaintiff atty, my atty not told in advance [ 3 Answers ]

Will I be able to prevail in small claims court against the plaintiff's attorney and/or her? My ex-girlfriend filed a motion for a 2-year protective order to keep me out of our jointly-owned house. At the hearing, she didn't appear, but her attorney truthfully claimed that she was on business...

View more questions Search