Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    UnigirlBelle Posts: 59, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2010, 03:39 PM
    Need more memory to play games on vista
    I have a CD of games I've had for quite a long time. It is both DOS and Windows games. It used to play on my new computer for awhile on Vista but it does not now and I'm not sure why. It keeps telling me that I need at least 3 megabites of virtual memory for the DOS games to play. Do I need to get more RAM or something to get these games to play or is the disk just too old to play anymore?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 16, 2010, 12:56 AM
    Hi, UnigirlBelle!

The first thing that I would recommend would be to see if there are any options or settings available in the games themselves as to how they will play on your computer.

There might be other issues. But, that would be the first thing that I would check.

Hopefully, others will also come along to address your question.

Thanks!
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2010, 09:03 PM

Virtual memory is not equivalent to RAM. This is a common issue with the newer versions of Windows that are no longer based from DOS. I remember getting these errors when XP rolled out. Usually the best bet is to get a DOS emulator. DOSBox is the most recommended.
    UnigirlBelle Posts: 59, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2010, 03:24 AM

I got them working. Thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Games play games [ 3 Answers ]

I am not able to playe the microsoft games. Am using window`s XP desktop, also have same window`s on my laptok but able to playe on the laptok. The configr r the same. Don`t know what to do. Have scanned the system no virus threat!! I am trying to play Age of mythology

SO she wants to play games [ 8 Answers ]

OK. I met this girl in my class. There was immediate attraction. I took a little while to make my move because I waited for the right time. But week after week (class only once a week) I would see her and talk etc get to know her. I thought all signs were pointing that she was interested...

Why won't my PS2 play new games? [ 2 Answers ]

PS2 gives can't read disc message on new games only.

How can you play DS games on PSP? [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone give me step or dorections to play ds games On psp??

View more questions Search