Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jevan Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2006, 05:35 PM
    Settlement
    My husband is getting a settlement from a pharmisuitcal company. He is on S.S.D. He is not good with handling money,so he wants to sign the check over to me. I will than deposit to my account. MY question is this, This settlement was granted to him because he almost died from medication. This money if I deposit into my account,will this be taxed? Should I have him deposit it into his own account or our joint account?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2006, 05:42 PM
    Hello jevan:

I don't believe insurance settlements are taxable. But if they are, it doesn't matter where it's deposited. Whoever owes it, owes it no matter where it's deposited.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Settlement? [ 2 Answers ]

I recently totaled out a new car... don't have any idea why we didn't have gap... Anyway, I owe after insurance about $9500.00. Our credit is reasonable about 630... I have offered a settlement amount of $8200. They said that the credit report will reflect that: settlement: paid in full. ...

Should I do Debt Settlement? [ 34 Answers ]

We are $65,000 in debt, (unsecured credit card debt)!! We have looked into LAWGISTIX AND SUPERIOR FINANCIAL GROUP. We are very hesitant to proceed because we have a credit score in the 700 range. We are current in all of our payments, never late, and in good standing. BUT, it is getting difficult...

Debt settlement [ 4 Answers ]

Has anyone had any luck with a settlement company for debt? I'm going through the company, Superior debt relief. Of course, I thought I did my research but everything sounds the same when comes to these companies. I checked the BBB in the area that this co. is in and no complaints in 36months and...

Settlement? [ 1 Answers ]

About 30mins ago I offered to settle my credit card debt with mbna. The mnba rep told me that if I settle my account for anything less than 100% of the balance it will show up negatively on my credit report. Is this true?

Letter for settlement [ 1 Answers ]

I have one credit card that was send to a collection lawyer. After saving for a year I now think I have enough to pay most of it. I would like some key words or sentences to use so they will accept for Offer of about 80% of the credit card. Any help before I write the letter. Total I have is...

View more questions Search