Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Emily94 Posts: 1,129, Reputation: 64
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2010, 01:31 PM
    Ferret with Diarrhea.
    This morning I realized my ferret had diarrhea, I've been researching all day but I can't find very much and I'm hoping someone on here can give me advise.

-He is eating normally
    -I haven't changed his food
    -He hasn't been introduced to anything new
    -His ferret room mate is doing just fine
    -He still has energy
    -He doesn't strain to go to the bathroom (A website said this may happen with certain diseases)
    -He drinks normal
    -He isn't going to the bathroom anymore than usual
    -Its not to hot or cold for him (I've been keeping an eye on the temperature in the house since it is warming up outside)

I think that's about it, so as you can see nothing really changed, except the diarrhea, should he go to a vet now? He has an appointment on July 5 Th..

Also when should I take him to the vet (When he stops eating? When he looses energy?)

Thanks in advance
    -Emily
    (I added a photo since I know everyone loves to see pictures :) He is about 3 times the size now and its only been a few weeks! )
    Name:  TANNER3.jpg
Views: 630
Size:  16.7 KB
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Jun 16, 2010, 05:37 AM

I have no idea about ferrets, but dang he is SO freaking cute!!
    Emily94 Posts: 1,129, Reputation: 64
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2010, 03:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora_Bell View Post
    I have no idea about ferrets, but dang he is SO freaking cute!!!
    Why thank you,
    I personally think he looks like a baby squirrle in that photo.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Deaf Ferret? [ 10 Answers ]

I recently discovered my little ferret is deaf, we have a ferret who can hear as well. Anyway when my deaf ferret is playing with my other ferret he hurts her. I've read on websites that it is because he can't hear her screaming. Is there anything I can do? Do they need to be separated or can she...

I think my ferret may have just seizured? [ 6 Answers ]

I just went to go fill up my ferrets food dish and my 13 week old kit was laying in the hammock with his head sticking out and he was shaking, I called his name and he didn't look at me and continued to shake, I shook his treat bag and the same thing. I then pet him and started whispering his name...

Getting a ferret. [ 9 Answers ]

I am looking into getting a ferret, I've always wanted one and think they would make an interesting pet. I'm just wondering what do you guys think? What are some pros and cons? What do you NEED to have? What would be some things ferrets WANT? It would be in a three or four level cage (Not to sure...

Getting a new ferret. [ 19 Answers ]

Hello, I am 14 and I am going to be getting a job this march. My mom said I could either get a ferret or a cat, I think I'm going to get the ferret just because they seem so much more fun. But I am wondering what the basic's ill need? And the size of cage?. also I have a female rabbit, and I was...

Feisty Ferret [ 1 Answers ]

I have a baby ferret (kit) and I am having a hardest time potty training him. I have tried a few things. I put his "stuff" in the litter box and will still use the restroom in other parts of his cage. I also moved his litter box to where he was using the restroom the most and he'll go somewhere...

View more questions Search