Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    billy112211 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2010, 01:28 PM
    Is rheumatiod arthritis caused by industrial work? If so could I sue my employer?
    My father has Rhuematiod arthrits. He has been told that this could have been caused by his industrial work. If this is true could he sue his former employer?
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2010, 09:45 PM
    Who told him this?A doctor?Just gossip?

Without factual information,I can't see how he could win a case like this.. but then,I am not a lawyer.!

Arthritis can be caused by many things,over exposure to certain chemicals,pressures,who knows what, but to prove that it was from on the job.. I don't know.

Others on the legal boards will pipe in with their ideas soon,

Good luck.
    billy112211 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2010, 08:38 AM

My father heard this from a volunteer who works at the hospital he is currently in. He then asked me to see what information I could find and this seemed the best option as I can get advice from doctors and lawyers. Thanks
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Jun 17, 2010, 12:45 PM

Rheumatoid arthritis is an auto-immune disease. Meaning, his own body is attacking his joints, causing inflammation, pain, etc.

Its highly unlikely his job "caused" the condition, however, it could have aggravated it with repetative motions.

My mother was diagnosed at age 12, myself at 18 - its believed to be genetic in many cases.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Jun 17, 2010, 12:48 PM

Further info:
    Rheumatoid Information

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I sue my previous employer for slander? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi. I worked at pizza hut for 3 years. 2 of those years I was a shift manager. They hired a female as a server. As soon as she was hired, all kinds of things happened. I was accused of drinking in the store while on the clock and being drunk assisting a customer.we were too busy that night to even...

Can I sue my employer if they lost my employee file? [ 4 Answers ]

I have reasons to believe my employer lost my employee file and/or at least some relevant forms in the file. If the employer loses my employee file, can I sue for damages? Are they responsible in any way for losing it?

Can I sue a former employer for slander? [ 5 Answers ]

My former employer has been contacting current and former employees which were my co-workers and forcing them to remove their personal recommendations for me on linkedin. The empoyer is stating that by recommending me the employees are violating some company policy - which I never heard of. They...

View more questions Search