Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mae_8091 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2010, 10:50 AM
    I'm dating one guy, but I like another guy that I have known for a long time.
    Ok... so I am dating this guy that I really like, might even love. I have known him for about a year and a half, two years now. We have been dating for about 6 months now. Everyone tells me that we make a really cute couple, and that we are so good together. Problem is, this other guy that I have known for ever just told me that he likes me (he doesn't know that I am dating this other guy) and asked me to be his girlfriend. I told him I would have to think about it, because I didn't have an answer for him. I don't know what to do because I think that I am in love with both of them... somebody HELP me!
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jun 15, 2010, 10:53 AM

Back away from the situation. Don't lead either guy on. You already said that you've known each of them for 2 years or more.

Clear your mind without either of them influencing your thought process. By backing away from both of them, you will feel more objective about your feelings. Once you've figured out what you want, then cut the other one loose and stick to one.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2010, 11:43 AM

Your boyfriend must not mean much to you or you wouldn't be denying his existence. If you really cared for him you would have spoke up and told the new guy that you were already taken.

I think it's best for you to move away from both of them until you get your own act together.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 15, 2010, 01:04 PM

The proper thing to have done would have been to be honest with this other guy, and tell him you have a boyfriend already.

You didn't, and that makes you a liar to your long time friend.

Some friend you are, and some lousy girlfriend, that you are willing to lie to keep another guy on a string behind your boyfriends back.

If these are good guys, they both deserve better than a fickle, liar for a partner.
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2010, 10:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mae_8091 View Post
    Ok....so I am dating this guy that I really like, might even love.!
    Nope , you don't treat someone you Love like that. If you loved him you wouldn't even had had to think before telling this other guy you already had a boyfriend.
    jessicakiki Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2012, 07:38 AM
    K I have had this happen to me, and I am with a guy but loves another one. But really you just make your heart show you the path,if that does not work see what guy is cute, nice and allways there for you, I hope this worksthanks and bye. ( and its not about if he is cute think about his ways to you)

Bye

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is it wrong to be dating one guy and like him and another guy? [ 11 Answers ]

I am dating this guy and he is really sweet and likes me for me. Well before me and him were dating I liked this other guy but he had a girl friend. So I asked him if we could be friends well he said yea. So we are friends. Well then me and my the guy I am dating now started dating after that and...

I was dating this guy! [ 6 Answers ]

:confused: Dear reader I was dating this guy alog time ago. Then I had a crush on this other guy right after breaking up with this first guy then I went out with a second guy but still like the guy... ok this is confusing lets just cal the guys #1#2#3 so I went out with #1 but after breaking up...

Good-time Guy for too long? [ 3 Answers ]

I love my husband because he loves life, but after 25 years of marriage, good kids, good life, he's acting like he should be on vacation on the time and I should be taking all the reponsibilty. He wants to buy a different motorcycle, go on hunting, fishing, trail-riding trips. He isn't worred...

Dating this guy [ 6 Answers ]

Well I'm getting to know this guy and man oh man does he ever make me laugh, we have lots of fun with each other, that's why I'm seeing him. I just got off the phone with him and he said that he's at a strip club with his boys?. this isn't right is it?

View more questions Search