Ask
    DCSpeed Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2010, 04:00 AM
    Water pressure at 160ft
    What would the pressure in pounds per square inch be in 160 feet of water
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jun 15, 2010, 10:40 AM

Fresh water has a density of , so at 1 foot depth the pressure is 62.4 pounds per square foot, or in terms of PSI per foot of depth:

So at 160 feet, you have

The number would be a bit higher if you are interested in salt water, as salet water is about 2.7% denser than fresh water.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pressure regulator works okay, but with water off, has very high back pressure [ 4 Answers ]

I went to check my home's water pressure. When I did this, it read off the charts at 100psi. Adjusting the pressure regulator did nothing apparent. But in the shower, the adjustment definitely had an affect - even thought he pressure meter didn't show a change. I tried a second pressure meter...

New shallow well pump new huge pressure tank but water pressure is terrible [ 11 Answers ]

When I had a smaller pump (shallow well) and small tank my water pressure was great. When I had to replace everything the person installing the system put a bigger pump and a huge pressure tank. It is the size of a 50 gal water heater. I replaced everything. Ever since then my water pressure is...

Does the pressure from the hot water tank effect the pressure of the cold water? [ 2 Answers ]

We have very low water pressure at our kitchen sink from both the cold and hot water faucets, but no problem with the water pressure to the bathroom or washer. The cold water tank is closest to the kitchen and the hot water heater is near the bathroom and washer. Someone told my roommate that there...

Low water pressure causing high blood pressure [ 1 Answers ]

I have low or no hot water pressure to the downstairs bathroom. I've replaced the cartridges, valves and hot water heater, still no pressure... help.

View more questions Search