Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    karmstrong Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2006, 04:09 PM
    How to remove the control knob for a pop-up bath plug
    Our bath is fitted with a twist action pop-up bath plug control.
    The seal has worked loose, and I need to remove the control knob, to get access to the internals to tighten everything up.
    How do I do this?
    I have slackened off the small locking screw, that you get to via a small hole in the knob, so much that it has fallen out, but I still cannot remove the knob. I don't want to force it off in case I damage the control, or even the bath itself.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 11, 2006, 04:23 PM
    Which one do you have? Rergards, tom
    karmstrong Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2006, 02:53 AM
    Thanks for your interest.
    However, it's the other end - the control knob - that I'm having problems with.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 12, 2006, 05:00 AM
    OK! Now I need a explainatiom. Are you talking about a knob on a tub/shower valve? If so, what's the brand name? What came loose? The face plate? What is it you wish to tighten up? Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Converting half bath to full bath [ 9 Answers ]

My question refers to a half bath we are in the planning stages of converting to a full bath in the basement. Currently our basement has a half bath with toilet and sink on one half of the basement. There is then a shower on the other side of the basement with the washer and dryer, about 30 feet...

How do I remove the one inside shower knob? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi: My shower is leaking, so I am trying to replace the washer, but I'm stuck! I removed the outside shower knob, but cannot remove the one inside. I loosened the screw using a long necked hex, but there looks like another Screw inside. I tried different sized hexes, but they are either...

How to remove adware Global Pop.exe [ 2 Answers ]

I need to remove this File Name: Global Pop.exe Threat Name: Adware.Lop!dl Can you please help?

Cutting cement for plumbing 3/4 bath to full bath [ 3 Answers ]

We are currently in the middle of changing our basement 3/4 bath into a full bath. The bathroom is 5.5' by 13.5'. We want to put the sink where the shower was and put a tub/shower where the sink was. (because the space where the shower was is too small for a tub). The old sink drain is centered 4...

Add/Remove Programs doesn't have REMOVE option [ 4 Answers ]

In Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs on Windows XP Home, some of the programs do not have the REMOVE button below them. WHY not? How do I remove programs from the Add or Remove Function, when it displays the program, but when I highlight it, it doesn't give the option to REMOVE it?

View more questions Search