Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Joe D612 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2006, 02:56 PM
    I am getting ready to leave my job and I want to close out my 401 and use it in helping me start a small businness. I have about 107.000 in there now how much can I expect to receive after they tax it
    walt17 Posts: 335, Reputation: 28

Dec 12, 2006, 05:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe D612
    I am geting ready to leave my job and I want to close out my 401 and use it in helping me start a small businness. I have about 107.000 in there now how much can I expect to recieve after they tax it
    You will pay a 10% penalty plus taxes. Without knowing your situation, any estimate may be way off. But since you will be working your total income will be above 107K. Meaning you will probably be in a 25% marginal tax bracket.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for my 401 [ 3 Answers ]

I need help if any one has any information to share, I would greatly appreciate. I have money invested in a retirement from a job I worked at about 5+ years ago. Since I quit, the medical clinic has closed it's doors. I can not remember the name of the retirement funds that we used and would...

401(k) Withdrawal State Tax for Non-US Citizen [ 1 Answers ]

I am a non-US citizen currently working in CA. I plan to early retire this year and move overseas. What should I do with my 401(k) money in order to minimize tax burden? 1) Should I rollover to IRA? 2) From reading a few threads, I know that I will have to pay federal tax. Let's say I move...

401 k [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a penalty for borrowing on a 401 k?

401 K question [ 2 Answers ]

I will be leaving my employer at the end of the month. I intend to roll over my 401k account to an IRA. If I wished to keep what funds I have contributed this year, do the penalties still apply?

View more questions Search