Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Jun 15, 2010, 09:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Dahlia View Post
    That all sounds very familiar (except the pony tail):D Maybe he exchanged it for the stupid (just my opinion) earring.:rolleyes:

I'm learning things I never knew. I still get a thrill when I see my husband in his cute little swimming trunks. Is it getting hot in here?:D
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 16, 2010, 12:29 AM
    Hi, Just Dahlia!

I went through one when I was in my early 40's. It was mainly about what I have accomplished for the time that I've had, and what I would be able to accomplish for the time that I have left as well as very strong thoughts about my own mortality.

Thanks!
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2010, 03:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi, Just Dahlia!

I went through one when I was in my early 40's. It was mainly about what I have accomplished for the time that I've had, and what I would be able to accomplish for the time that I have left as well as very strong thoughts about my own mortality.

Thanks!
    Did you do anything that was out of the ordinary for you? Or did you just have your thoughts and re-group:)
    Uber Member

Jun 16, 2010, 04:42 PM
    Did you do anything that was out of the ordinary for you? or did you just have your thoughts and re-group:)
    Clough... where are you:)
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2010, 11:36 AM
    But why?
    Why would you just go along and have everyone think you were good..only to find out you were unhappy? Why wouldn't you just make yourself happy along the way? (change things) Is it that you didn't realize you were not happy?

There has to be an answer:confused:
    Because sometimes it seems a better option than to rock the boat, even if you yourself are not happy with it.

Changing things is not easy
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2010, 01:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by albear View Post
    because sometimes it seems a better option than to rock the boat, even if you yourself are not happy with it.

changing things is not easy

If I weren't happy in the boat... I believe I'd get out! Then again, there may be something or someone important enough to stay and not rock the boat:)
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2010, 12:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat22 View Post
    Clough...where are you:)
    I'm right here, finally!
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2010, 12:21 AM
    Originally Posted by Clough

Hi, Just Dahlia!

Thanks!
    Did you do anything that was out of the ordinary for you? Or did you just have your thoughts and re-group:)
    There were three or four years where I was concerned about who I was and where I was going with my life as well as having an obsession about my own death.

One thing that didn't help me at all, was the obsession that I would die at the age of 45. That thought had haunted me since my mid-thirties. Once I made it through my 45th year, I realized that it had been a very irrational thought and that I could go on with my life, unfettered by irrational thoughts about the future.

I used to think that some random thoughts that come into a person's head can be true about the future. I now know that isn't true that just because a person thinks something is true, that it can or will be true.

Matters about faith are a different matter to me entirely, though...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sifi movie from mid 70s to mid 80s [ 2 Answers ]

Hey, I'm trying to figure out the name of a movie I watched when I was a kid. What I remember is there is a women and whoever looked into her eyes turned to stone, she had snakes coming out of her head I think. Lol There was also an Owl (a tin owl I think) And also I think there was a 3 headed...

Mid life cheater [ 6 Answers ]

My husband went threw a mid life crises a few years ago and he cheated on me. I wanted to die, he was my best friend in the world and I loved him so much. I decided to stay and work it out, but I can't forgive or forget... I don't thro it in his face and we did the counceling thing. I know it was...

Is this just a mid-life crisis? [ 16 Answers ]

I am at a really strange place in my life right now, and could use a little help figuring out where to go from here. I have been married for the past 29 years (since I was 20) to a really great guy. He is my best friend; we get along well, have great and frequent sex, raised 3 great kids...

Friends Possible Mid-Life Crisis? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, Ok this might be controversial to some people but I am curious as to what people think may be going on with a guy I know. I'll try to be as brief as possible. I'm friends with a married guy. I met him online, on a dating site, thought he was single, later on found out he was...

How do I get through to someone in a mid life crisis? [ 5 Answers ]

I just recently found out that my mother had an affair and wants to leave my dad after 25 years of what seemed to me to be the "perfect marriage." I am 22 years old and have a 2 year old and a new baby, my husband and I got married in May of last year. My mother came to me and told me she just...

View more questions Search