Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    doitnow321 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2010, 06:06 PM
    Changed ceiling fan switch - NOW - no medium speed - 1 fast and 2 slow speeds
    Changed ceiling fan switch - NOW - no medium speed - 1 fast and 2 slow speeds ///
    Black wire L // grey wire #1 // brown wire #2 // purple wire #3 - what's up??
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2010, 08:21 PM

You probably got the wrong switch. See CeilingFanParts.com Home

One of the switch designs sends two wires to a dual capacitor. The switch selects none, one, the other or both capacitors.

Another way which isn't common is the windings are selected. There will usually be a single capacitor in this case.

Many options are available as per the website.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2010, 11:33 PM

Kiss is right you got the wrong switch. What make is the fan?

Ceiling fan pullchain replacement and repair - Ceiling Fans N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan at high speed seems slow [ 7 Answers ]

I purchased an outdoor Harbor Breeze ceiling fan Baja model with the wide fan blades and used an outdoor rated extension cord (16 gauge and about 20ft long) to rig the electrical since I have no power source where it is hanging outdoor. I also used a Hunter remote. I think I connected everything...

I need a very slow ceiling fan speed [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Harbor Breeze 98120 ceiling fan. Is there a variable speed control that will run it very slow? I am doing an experiment and need 6 to 10 rpm. I have some electrical background.

3 speed ceiling fan runs on only two speeds [ 5 Answers ]

We have a 3 speed ceiling fan that runs on only two speeds. I have tried replacing the pull chain but that does not fix the problem. The fan use to have high, medium and low. We now have high, low and nothing. Any suggestions.

Ceiling fan switch - 4 speed fan sold by sears [ 1 Answers ]

I pulled the chain out of the switch on my Sears ceiling fan. Any suggestions on where to find a switch replacement or adapt to something else? Sears no longer stocks the part, I have tried Ace Hardware, Home Depot and local ceiling fan store.

Ceiling fan speed switch [ 2 Answers ]

I removed the speed switch without marking which wires went where. It is a Hampton Bay. Any suggestions as to where a diagram or adivce can be found for the wires? Thanks in advance. Edie

View more questions Search