Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Eddiejhin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2010, 01:33 PM
    How many one star generals are in america
    How many one, two, three and four star generals are in America??
    Eddiejhin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2010, 01:34 PM
    [QUOTE=Eddiejhin;2393432]How many one, two, three and four star generals are in America??
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 14, 2010, 05:52 PM

Retired? Reserve ? Active duties ?

What branch of servivce ?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2010, 07:47 AM

Hello E:

I don't know how many there ARE, but there is a statute on how many there CAN be. The United States Code explicitly limits the total number of generals that may be on active duty at any given time. The total number of active duty general officers is capped at 302 for the Army, 279 for the Air Force and 80 for the Marine Corps. For the Army and Air Force, no more than 16.3% of the service's active duty general officers may have more than two stars, and no more than 25% of those may have four stars. This corresponds to 12 Army generals, 11 Air Force generals and 3 Marine generals.

excon
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2010, 08:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello E:

I dunno how many there ARE, but there is a statute on how many there CAN be. The United States Code explicitly limits the total number of generals that may be on active duty at any given time. The total number of active duty general officers is capped at 302 for the Army, 279 for the Air Force and 80 for the Marine Corps. For the Army and Air Force, no more than 16.3% of the service's active duty general officers may have more than two stars, and no more than 25% of those may have four stars. This corresponds to 12 Army generals, 11 Air Force generals and 3 Marine generals.

excon
    I had to spread the rep, but this is a good, helpful, answer. Quite interesting too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

C&C generals installation [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all I have problem with installation of Command and conquer generals I played this game before two years and the I uninstalled it, but when I yesterday tried to install this game from same CD I have this error "In application _is1E.tmp was problem and its necesary to close" (something like...

Pricing for A.h. Ritchie metal etching of Washington and his Generals [ 1 Answers ]

I have a metal engraving of Washington and his Generals by A.H. Ritchie. It has been in the family for at least 100 years and I would like to know what it is worth? It is 36" x 24" and the frame is engraved wood 48" x 36". It also has a small ledgend naming each of the individuals in the picture.

Be A star [ 2 Answers ]

How do I become a television star like on disney channel?:confused:

Can anyone name a star? [ 13 Answers ]

There are companies out there selling the right to name a star. How legitimate is this? International Star Registry: Name a Star

How many Generals are in America? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been trying to find out how many Generals serve in America? Thanks in advance.

View more questions Search