Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BRENDA23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2010, 01:27 PM
    I had a baby 2 months ago.
    I just had a baby 2 months ago, and my husband and I haven't had sex. Is there something wrong with our marriage?
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2010, 01:41 PM

You had a baby two months ago, and are worrying that you're not having sex? To be honest, if you were having much sex, I'd worry about you.

Having a baby is a huge physical feat, and it takes time to recover. More if you had stitches or any form of surgery at the birth. And looking after a new baby is a 24 hour job. Most new mothers count sleep in minutes rather than hours.

Under those circumstances, I'd be amazed if you had enough energy to be having sex.

I have a vague memory of that stage and my husband started getting amorous. I told him not to be offended if I fell asleep halfway through, and if I did, he was on no account to wake me!
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 14, 2010, 01:46 PM

No, as I think it will take some time, especially if this is your first baby. A lot of adjustments have to be made by you both.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 14, 2010, 05:51 PM

Normally doctors have not have sex for at least 6 weeks anyway, So has the doctor released you to have sex.

Next it is an adjustment to having a baby, tired, up at all hours, often money issues.

So how about talking and working on communication

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

We have been trying to have a baby for 3 years, what's wrong with me? [ 2 Answers ]

Me & my husband have been trying to have a baby for over 3 years, we have been having unprotected sex the whole time that we have been together. Not ONCE have I gotten pregnant! There was one time I went 7 months without having a period, I went to the dr, they gave me birth control pills, and a...

I haven't had my period since nov.13 and I had sex nov. 21 could I be pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

Ok so a friend of mine had her period November 13 and that was the last time. She and her boyfriend of two years decide to have sex for the first time November 21. She still hasn't had her period and she is starting to worry. She has most of the syptoms of pregnancy, but she is still unsure of what...

Baby Mama Drama & Was I Wrong, & Was My Boyfriend Wrong? [ 31 Answers ]

3 threads merged and edited baby mama drama, all messed up! Ok, Me and my boyfriend started going together on August 1st 2007, on September 27th 2007 the girl he dealt with before we got together called him and told him she was pregnant and that the baby might be his but she didn't know if...

What's wrong with my baby [ 1 Answers ]

My baby is 8 mothns and he has a purple mark on the back of his tongue in the middle.Its been like that for a week now.from my knowledge .I don't know what's wrong with him.can any body help.

Is something wrong with my baby [ 5 Answers ]

I am 5 months pregnant and for the last couple of weeks I have been have really bad stomach pain on a scale of 1 to 10 it is a 20 I went to the er the diagnosed me with esophagitis <thatis basically heart burn 1 I have kjnoe pain in my chest only in my stomach 2i look ed up esophagitis on the...

View more questions Search