Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ritaK Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2006, 02:08 PM
    Hampton Bay Fan Remote Not Working
    :) Hi,
    I purchased a fan less than a year ago and the sensor on the remote seems to have gotten some kind of glitch. The little red sensor light stays on continuously, instead of going out after pressing a function. When I shut off the fan, and go to put the remote down, it starts up in high speed. :eek: Is there anything that I can do to fix this? I've already tried replacing the battery but that didn't help. Could there be a short of some kind? And if so, can I fix this?

Thank you :D

Rita
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2006, 11:40 AM
    Until our resident ceiling fan expert gets back from his luxury vacation at his South Pacific private island, try checking out his note until he gets back:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/electr...eek-47519.html
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Dec 15, 2006, 12:03 PM
    Sounds like one of your remote buttons is stick. Make sure they are all in the up position. You may need to take it apart and carefully clean it.

http://www.ceiling-fans-n-more.com/c...e-controls.php

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Remote Ceiling Fan - light works - no fan [ 2 Answers ]

After about 4 months of use, this began to happen. I would try to turn on the fan (either Low Med or High) and the fan would barely turn. Sometimes it would work - this lasted for about 5 days. Since then, if you try to turn on the fan, you get no response. Now, the light will still turn on...

Hampton Bay Fan Light/Fan Remote Problem [ 16 Answers ]

Hello, we have a Hampton Bay fan and my son dropped the remote and it stopped working. I changed the batteries and that didn't work. Now I asked someone at Home Depot what I needed to do. They instructed me to buy a new remote kit... I did however it came with a little grey box with 3 cords...

Hampton Bay Remote Video/fan Remote Control [ 16 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay Video & Fan Remote Control (Model #UR8050T). It has been working fine for about 2 years until it recently began malfunctioning. It still operates the television, but the use of the fan/light features has stopped working. It will not turn the fan on or off, and the light is...

Don't want to use remote-Hampton Bay fan [ 2 Answers ]

I have installed a new Hampton Bay fan that has a remote- I prefer using my dimmers on my wall switch- one for fan, one for lights- but Hampton Bay Help Desk said I can't do that- I must use the remote! Is there any way to get around the remote? We can hook up the fan so it works on ONE wall...

Remote on Hampton Bay fan [ 1 Answers ]

The control on my Hampton Bay fan is not working properly. I have changed the batteries, but this is not the problem. If I buy a new remote, how can I make it compatible with this fan? Any hints?

View more questions Search