Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    khloesarah Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2010, 07:54 AM
    I want my non biological father taken off my birth certificate
    I want my non biological father taken off my birth certificate, how can I do this? Does he need to know? How much does this cost?

I don't no who my really dad is, but the man on my birth certificate is a bully and I'm scared if he finds out he may turn nastey on my mum. Please help.
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Jun 14, 2010, 09:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by khloesarah View Post
    i want my non biological father taken off my birth certificate, how can i do this? does he need to know?? how much does this cost??
    A few states allow it to be done.
    1.You need to file in Court for paternity disestablishment.
    2.A clerk will serve a writ on your non-biological father.
    3.Depending on the Court pressure of work the a case will be down for hearing in three to nine months.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jun 14, 2010, 09:31 AM

How old are you?

If you are a minor, you probably cannot do this yourself--you would need your mother to do it for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Biological father not on birth certificate [ 14 Answers ]

I have a 12 year old son, his biological father has never been in the picture, the man I am with now has been with my son since he was 1. We got his name legally changed on his birth certificate to my current husband last name and also added him on the birth certificate. Does his biological father...

Biological father not on birth certificate and wants his child [ 4 Answers ]

%ust find out that I have a year old little girl but the mother is married and doesn't want me in her life. I was never told that the child was mine or ever asked for anything to care for her. Now that the paternity results are in she's 99.99% mine and I want to be in her life but I can see that's...

Non biological father on birth certificate [ 4 Answers ]

I am getting ready to have a baby and the biological father is not exactly taking part. He has dropped out of high school, he is unemployed, and couldn't provide the proper care for a baby. I am getting legally married before baby is born and my baby will then have my husbands last name. Can my...

Removing the non-biological father off birth certificate [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend signed the birth certificate and we did a Legal DNA test through DNA diagnostic and found that he is not the biological father. I determined how to change my sons last name, but I do not know how or what to file in order to remove him as the legal father from the birth certificate in...

View more questions Search