Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 21, 2010, 10:19 AM

Here's a site with lots of great bunny stuff.

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source...way6sWRa5cpYVg

Pictures of rabbit friendly supplies and toys.

Attachment 31630

Litter box

Attachment 31631

Nibbly hidey hole. Safe for bunny to eat.

Attachment 31632

Chewable toy.

Attachment 31633

Another chewable toy.
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2010, 10:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    Here's a site with lots of great bunny stuff.

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source...way6sWRa5cpYVg

Pictures of rabbit friendly supplies and toys.

Attachment 31630

Litter box

Attachment 31631

Nibbly hidey hole. Safe for bunny to eat.

Attachment 31632

Chewable toy.

Attachment 31633

Another chewable toy.
    Greenie greenie greenie greenie greenie.

THANKS!
    Pets Expert

Jun 21, 2010, 10:32 AM

No problem Muddy.

Use the wood chips in the rest of the cage. Use kitty litter in the litter box. A lot of bunny experts say that kitty litter isn't safe for rabbits, but if you get a dust free one, it's fine. I've never had a problem using kitty litter with any of my rabbits. Not scented, not dusting, and it's A-Okay. I've found that the litter made for rabbits doesn't work as well. They're pellets and my rabbits eat them. :(

Also, with the wood chips, make sure that you don't get treated wood. Pine is okay, but I prefer cedar, or a mixture of both. As long as it's untreated, it's okay.

Any newspaper, old phone books, great for stress relief. In fact, the humane society asks that people donate their old phone books just for the bunnies. :)

Any more info you need, just ask. :)
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2010, 10:33 AM

Oh man Alty they don't ship to Canada but now I see what I need to get. Thanks :)
    Pets Expert

Jun 21, 2010, 10:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mudweiser View Post
    Oh man Alty they don't ship to Canada but now I see what I need to get. Thanks :)
    I've seen those products in a lot of pet stores. Your best bet is to go to a supply store, a place that only sells pet supplies and not pets.

There are tons of warehouse type places, huge selection, low cost. Just Google to find one near you and you should have no problem finding the supplies. Even Walmart has some good bunny stuff. In fact, that's where I buy my bunny food, when they have it.

The best rabbit food I've found is "Kaytee" it has fruits, veggies, nuts and grains. The rabbits love it, it's not a lot of filler, healthy, well balanced, and not too expensive. Keep in mind that I have 4 to feed, and it costs me around $30/month.

Also, when it comes to food dishes, we have the ones that attach to the cage. I recommend the same thing for the litter box. If it's not bolted down, bunny will throw it around his cage. Lots of waste, lots of mess.

I could talk about bunnies all day. Aren't you sorry you asked? ;)
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2010, 06:34 AM

OOOHhh thanks Alty! I'm not sorry I asked! I'm happy you did!

Okay well one question.. yes another one :)

HOW THE HECK do you litter train a bunny? My bunny keeps pooping and peeing everywhere :(

What do I do? Thanks!
    Pets Expert

Jun 22, 2010, 05:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mudweiser View Post
    OOOHhh thanks Alty! I'm not sorry I asked! I'm happy you did!

Okay well one question.. yes another one :)

HOW THE HECK do you litter train a bunny? My bunny keeps pooping and peeing everywhere :(

What do I do? Thanks!
    Bunnies usually pick one spot to go in, and unless that spot gets too full (which it shouldn't) they stick to it.

Just watch him. They like to use a corner (once the get used to their cage) so just watch, see which corner he uses, then put the litter box in that corner, put a few of his poos in the box, and he'll catch on. He's young, so he should figure it out very quickly.

If you clean the box every day, he'll use it. :)
    ashgirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Feb 8, 2011, 03:26 PM
    I'm a bunny expert lol I own 1 and a cat.
    Put bunny and cat togather and if the cat keeps pawing bunny he might be playing...
    If he uses claws you need to get a spray bottle and spray him with water.
    If the cat is not using claws he's just saying hi so try picking up kitty and bunny
    In your lap and pet them both.
    Pets Expert

Feb 8, 2011, 03:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ashgirl View Post
    im a bunny expert lol i own 1 and a cat.
    put bunny and cat togather and if the cat keeps pawing bunny he might be playing ...
    if he uses claws u need to get a spray bottle and spray him with water.
    if the cat is not useing claws hes just saying hi so try picking up kitty and bunny
    in ur lap and pet them both.
    You may have a bunny, but you're far from being an expert.

Cats and rabbits are natural enemies. Putting them together is just asking for trouble. Spraying your cat with water is also not a good idea.

This is an old thread, so I will close it, but I wanted to post to make sure people didn't follow the advice you posted. There's more to being a rabbit expert then owning one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My Older Kitten hates my new Young Kitten. [ 14 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, Im hoping someone can help me. I have a 5month old kitten at home who is usually very affectionate and loving (also spayed) Yesterday I rescued a 9 week old kitten so my eldest would have some company when I'm out at work. I knew they wouldn't get on great at first but my...

What I need to do for my bunny? [ 35 Answers ]

I thought I would get better help and more replies if I posted here. What do you use for the bunnies to chew on to keep their teeth grinded down? Or am I better off having her taken to the vet. When can she be spayed? At what age anyway? Oh and Alty if you come back and read this, I was...

What does BUNNY mean? [ 8 Answers ]

My name is Bunny, I do not know its meaning. Tell

My bunny again. [ 5 Answers ]

So well... My rabbit is pulling out a lot of fur, and making a nest with it, SHE IS NOT PREGNANT, as she hasn't been around a male for at least 4 months. Im not worried about the whole nest thing, its about how much hair she is taking out! Half her cage is complete hair! Also I don't know if I...

Will my older kitten ever be nice to my new kitten? [ 5 Answers ]

I have never had cats before. I adopted a male neutered kitten who is now 11 weeks old. Today, I adopted a 7 week old male neutered kitten, as a companion. I didn't realize the size difference would be so great until I got my new kitten home. 4lbs vs. 1.2lbs. My older cat seems to want to play, but...

View more questions Search