Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rgibbs Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2010, 04:46 AM
    Do grandparnts have right in Illinois
    My son in law has not let us see our 3 grandchildren and says we can't see them until he says so and he is not letting us to show us that he is under control. Can we take him to court for visitation rights?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2010, 04:52 AM

Does he have legal custody? Where is your daughter in this scenario?

Why is your so in law denying you visitation? If you file a petition he will undoubtedly claim you are disruptive or upsetting to the children and you will counter that visitation is in the best interest of the children. The law is complicated - Grandparents Rights in Illinois - Grandparents Rights by State
    rgibbs Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2010, 05:57 AM
    My daughter is with him but I think she is afraid of him. He will not alow us to talk to her either. He is mad because I found out that his sister has a 6 1/2 year old son that has never been to school and I said that I would wait until fall and if he was not in school I was going to turn her into the State. That is what this sillyness is about.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 14, 2010, 07:41 AM

So it is your own daughter that will not allow you to see her kids?

In this case, sorry you don't have any rights, if they were divorced and he had custody of the kids, then perhaps you can go for rights.

? Is the 6 1/2 home schooled perhaps, I have a 9 year old that has never been ( and never will) be in public school
    Uber Member

Jun 15, 2010, 05:41 AM
    [QUOTE=jpbuzzworthy disagrees : do you know him? How can you assume what he will think or do?
    QUOTE]

I am once again amused that the very person who follows me around, giving me reddies, is sending me PM's asking me for FREE legal advice. Unbelievable!

Concerning the comment - I am assuming what will happen if papers are filed based on many years of experience in the legal system, how the law works, what Attorneys recommend. If your experience and education are to the contrary, please post that info.
    Uber Member

Jun 15, 2010, 05:41 AM

Agree - OP's daughter is also part of this decision. OP has no legal standing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What to do when someone dies in Illinois [ 1 Answers ]

My father-in-law died recently and my husband is the exector of his estate. He had a living will and his assets were in a trust with my husband named. Aside from filing the will with the Cook County clerk, what else needs to be done? He had a modest home not worth more than $60,000 and not much...

Dying without a will in Illinois [ 2 Answers ]

This is my second marriage and we have no children, but I have one from my first marriage. What happen if I die without a will? My husband and I own everything together. He has his parents and five sibblings. How can I make sure that my son get half of what we my husband and I own? I talk...

I want to relocate from Illinois. [ 6 Answers ]

I want to move out of Illinois . I do not have a court agreement with the father but his name is on the Birth Certificate.He does not pay child support and there are no legal arrangements. He has contact with our son when he wants. What do I need to do so he can't keep me here?I am planning to stay...

Eviction Illinois [ 1 Answers ]

How do I evict a tenant withou a lease in Illinois?

View more questions Search