Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Summergirl15 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2010, 09:21 PM
    How can I lose at least 120 pounds in 2 and a half months?
    Well I weigh 297 pounds and I am still in high school, but I just got put for summer vacation, and I have 2 and a half months off school, so by the time I go back to school I want to have lost as much weight as possible, so I want to lose 120 pounds in those 2 and a half months so I will only weigh about 177 ponds by the time school starts again. I could really use some good advice on what to do to lose as much weight as possible in those 2 and a half months which hopefully will be 120 pounds, but I yah, I need some good advice to lose weight and thanks to anyone who gives a good idea
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2010, 11:09 PM

I'm not an expert, but I'm almost positive that losing that much weight that quickly is unhealthy, even if it is possible.

What's your diet like? What's your exercise like?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 13, 2010, 11:22 PM
    Hi, Summergirl15!

First, have you consulted with a physician about why you weigh as much as you do and about getting on a regimen of losing the weight that you have and that everything otherwise is physically okay with you? How much you should actually weigh, according to your gender, height and body frame also needs to be determined.

Unless you totally starve yourself, you'll not be able to lose that much weight in that amount of time.

Let's say that everything works out that you can safely start to lose weight by doing some things.

If you get on a diet of healthy foods and liquids that are low in fat and sugar content and do proper exercises on a regular, frequent basis, then in a fairly short amount of time, you should notice that you've lost some weight. By just losing some weight, there most likely will be a difference in your appearance as well as the clotting sizes that you wear. By you and others noticing a difference, that should be one of the reasons that will give you encouragement to lose even more weight.

I know that losing weight for men and women can involve different things.

I'm a man. One time, a long time ago, I lost over 20 pounds in about a month-and-a-half. I exercised a lot and didn't eat very much. What I ate though, didn't consist of everything that my body would need to be healthy. Hence, I didn't feel good, even though I had lost that much weight. It was too much weight to lose in that amount of time for the way that I am physically and for the way that I needed to be physically for the normal activities that I would do.

A number of years later, I was up to around 250 pounds. I again started on a regimen of exercise on a regular and frequent basis and my diet consisted of trying not to eat anything over four grams of fat per serving. Also, I consumed next to no sweets.

It took me a year-and-a-half to get down to my high school weight of 183 pounds. The difference between losing the weight previously and the way that I did it the next time, was that I felt good after losing the weight. A person doesn't put on the weight over night in the first place, and it's not going to come off as quickly either.

Please do consult a physician first, though.

Hopefully, others will also come along to address your question.

Thanks!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 13, 2010, 11:24 PM
    Good questions, justcurious55!

I didn't know that you had already posted.

Thanks!
    divaprincess28 Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Jun 13, 2010, 11:32 PM

Okay hun sorry to burst your bubble but trying to lose that much weight in that time is not healthy and not possible unless u had something horrible happen to you. However it is safe to say that you can feasibly lose 20 to 50 pounds in that time depending on your dedication to this. You need to drink water, u actually should consider drinking only water if you want to optimize losing that most weight and drink it with lemon which is a natural diuretic. At that weight you should try to eat a diet of 1800 calories to begin with and cut them down to 1200 calories as you start shedding pounds. Proteins are great for burning fat, carbs and sugars are horrible. Fill up on green veggies they are easy fillers especially when you think you are hungry. You will definitely need to exercise. I would start two days a week and increase your workout every two weeks or so, and you will need to condition as well cardio and conditioning work hand in hand so you should like condition maybe 3 days and cardio 2 days. Yes, to make a difference you have to push yourself to workout everyday and as you go you will actually be increasing your cardio workout to more than three days so you will eventually bedoing both cardio and conditioning on the same days. You will need to increase the intensity of your workouts too, I have so much more to tel you but I need more time I hope this is helpful. Some great diets are Weight Watchers, South Beach Diet, and Alli (yes the pill but the recipe book is very helpful if you don't take the pill). Remember you don't want to diet though unless you plan on changing your life completely and doing things different from now on because a diet it only a temporary fix a life change is just that a change of your life. Good Luck, when I was in high school I did it, but I didn't just do it for the summer I continued through the school year too, until I was my target weight and then I continued living my life within reason. YOU CAN DO IT, just not that much weight in two months. Be careful talk to your doctor see what they recommend.
    Soto05 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2012, 08:18 PM
    Listen these people are wrong, They are only saying half truths and non knowlegable info. It is very possible to lose 120 pounds in 3 months in a healthy way. It is to be understand that it can be dangerous if not done properly but that goes for losing any wieght. And remember that you will have to eat around six times a day consuming only 10 x your goal weight: you want to weight 177 pounds times that by 10 = 1,770. This means that you can only consume a max of 1,770 calories a day. Here are some Professional instructions to lose 120 pounds in three months and a link to a site that explains a little further.

Link: http://www.ehow.com/how_7731106_can-120-pounds-3-months.html

Instructions

Talk to your doctor. You must make sure you doctor thinks it safe for you to lose this significant amounts of weight. This is extremely important if you haven't exercised in awhile, if you have any health problems or if you are elderly or pregnant..

Start eating smaller portions. Eat five to six small meals a day. According to the Family Doctor staff, you should try to eat 1 to 2 cups of vegetables and fruits, 1 to 2 ounces of meat, and 2 to 3 ounces of whole grains at meals. Since you want to lose a large amount of weight in a short period, you must eliminate foods high in calories and fat altogether. That means that there is no having even one slice of pizza at dinner on a Saturday night.

Make exercise your life. You will not be able to lose this amount of weight quickly if you don't incorporate intense exercise into your daily life. That means you must exercise 5 to 6 days a week for about 2 to 3 hours. Get on a treadmill or stationary bike right after you wake up in the morning, and do another session later in the evening. Also, incorporate activities you enjoy such as swimming or walking your dog into your daily exercise time.

Use weight-loss drugs. According to the Mayo Clinic staff, weight-loss drugs are for those who have a body mass index greater than 30, and those who have health problems due to their obesity.

Tips & Warnings

Drink more water. You can save yourself a few hundred calories a day by choosing water instead of juice, alcohol or soda. Water can also help you feel less hungry.
    Get approximately 8 hours of sleep a day. If you are not getting the proper amount of rest, you may feel more hungry and be tempted to eat more.
    Cook your own meals. You will know exactly what ingredients are going into your food and you can control the portions. Food at restaurants generally have a lot more calories, sodium and fat.
    Soto05 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2012, 08:26 PM
    And here are the foods you should eat:

Lean Meats

The protein in meat satisfies your hunger and helps maintain muscle while you lose weight. Skinless chicken and turkey breast and fish are the lightest choices, but pork and beef are okay as long as there is no visible fat or marbling.

Low-Fat Dairy

The high-quality protein in milk and eggs makes them an economical and convenient meat alternative. Egg whites, fat-free milk, yogurt and cottage cheese are the best dairy foods for weight loss.

Whole Grains

Whole grains like brown rice, bulgur wheat and oatmeal are excellent sources of fiber that incidentally soak up twice their volume in water when cooked. Dr. Barbara Rolls of the University of Pennsylvania says that water-rich, high-fiber foods are good for weight loss.

Beans

Like grains, beans satisfy with fiber and water. They're also a good vegetarian protein source. Many people find beans hard to digest, so add them to your diet gradually to minimize flatulence.

Fruits and Vegetables

Fruits and veggies add a jolt of color and taste to your plate, and most are very low in calories. Frozen fruit smoothies make a great breakfast, and berries enliven cottage cheese. Try veggies raw for snacks, and roast or grill them with dinner.

Read more: What Foods are Good for Weight Loss? | eHow.com What Foods are Good for Weight Loss? | eHow.com
    believe101 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2012, 10:51 PM
    Well, I'm not a doctor but I'm pretty good at this. I'm trying to do the same thing as well, I got some advice from friends and family. I thought this would be impossible as well. I have a problem of giving up to easly. But I have friends and family that are incureging me to do it. They tell me to stay possitive that its possible if you try hard. An aunt of mine is pretty good about staying fit and healthy.
    She tells me to start with a good sleep
    Then in the morning when you wake up have a yogurt or a smoothie with not too much sugar
    Then you could go for a 1 mile jog (take it easy though)
    Then try to get yourself active
    She also says to eat every 3 hours (small portions) until 8pm
    At the middle of the day if you have nothing to do try to do some exercise[try something new so you don't get bored]
    All of this is kind of what everybody else said but this is everything combined togather to make your entire day. This comes from someone that is also trying hard and thought the sameway somepeople think about losing weight in 2 months. The key to all this is tokeep yourself positive and motovated and strong.
    I wish you so much luck and at least try this for a month and you will see changes you just have to stay active and possitive only one monthe [ time will go by so fast] please believe I yourself cause you will succed. And write bavk so you can tell us how it goes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What if you 12 and want to lose 50 pounds in 3 months? [ 3 Answers ]

Well, I'm 12 years old. My weight is like 150 or 145 pounds. I don't think that's very healthy for a 12 year old. So I want to be skinny. I'm tired of people calling me fat, because I sort of agree with them. So I would like to try and lose at least 50 pounds in this three months of summer I have,...

How can I lose 15 to 20 pounds in a month and a half? [ 6 Answers ]

I would like to lose 15 to 20 pounds by June 1st. I'll do whatever it takes, I just want to be skinny! I weigh 140lbs and desire to be 120lbs. Will running an 1 hour everyday help me reach my goal?

How do I lose 30 pounds in 2 months [ 10 Answers ]

How do I lose 30 pounds in 2 months

Want to lose 30 pounds in 1 to 2 months [ 11 Answers ]

How is this possible I want to go back to school a new person and I really want to get this weight off :confused:

How do I lose 40 pounds in 2 months [ 17 Answers ]

How to lose 40 pounds in 2 months

View more questions Search