Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    peanut3020 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2010, 09:05 PM
    My boyfriend never pays for my dinner and is cheap
    My boyfriend never pays for my meal. He always expects me to pay for myself. He has never given me flowers
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2010, 12:39 AM
    Hi, peanut3020!

How old are you and he, please?

It would help to know about that in order for us to address your question the best.

Thanks!
    Jeha Posts: 81, Reputation: 10

Jun 14, 2010, 01:33 AM

Yes how old are you guys and does he have a job of some sort?
    peanut3020 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2010, 08:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi, peanut3020!

How old are you and he, please?

It would help to know about that in order for us to address your question the best.

Thanks!
    Hi and thank you. I 49 and my boyfriend is 55. We are both realtors and met at work. At first I was not ineterested in him but after doing many open houses together, the chemistry was undenialble. I got divorced 4 years ago so feeling like that again was so exciting.

I have a college degree, own a home, and have other sources income in which to live. He does not have a college degree, no savings, no investments but does have a job as a real estate agent. In real estate its either feast or famine. My ex husband was an attorney, very successful. I am used to a certain standard of life. The fact that he is not making much money know is not his fault but he has never given me flowers, expects me to always pay for my dinner when we go out, and wants me to drive 50% of the time. I have a lot of friends and am close with my family... he does not.

We are both chistians, like to work out, cook, but I just don't know how this relationship could work when he cannot bring into this relationship stability and security, which I am looking for. I do care about him very much and did I mention the physical attraction is a 10!

Help!
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jun 14, 2010, 08:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by peanut3020 View Post
    I just don't know how this relationship could work when he cannot bring into this relationship stability and security, which I am looking for.
    That basically sums it up. If you can't find stability and security with this person, then find someone else who can provide it for you.
    samjac Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2010, 08:56 AM

Did you ever bring it up to him? Ask him maybe he is saving money for something special, maybe not. If you have doubts the best thing to do is talk. Communication is the key...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Anniversary dinner with boyfriend more romantic [ 8 Answers ]

Okay, it has been one month since my boyfriend and I have been together, How can I make our Anniversary dinner more romantic?

Who pays for dinner him or me [ 5 Answers ]

I met a gentleman online - we've never met but have talked on the phone for over a month now. He finally suggested that we get together for dinner. Should I offer to pay or not. Don't know about this online way of doing things.

Who pays for dinner? [ 8 Answers ]

If a girl and I are going out to eat and we are only friends and we both no that 100%, should I still offer to pay for her dinner? What if she expects me too? Going out to dinner was her idea so we can catch up on missed times. Thanks!

Is my boyfriend being cheap? [ 12 Answers ]

I've been with my boyfriend for 7 years and we've lived together for 2. We're both 26 years old and have good jobs although he makes more than me. We split the rent, bills and groceries 50/50 but when it comes to other things like going out to dinner, drinks or coffee and stuff I expect him to pay...

Is my boyfriend cheap? [ 155 Answers ]

I moved in with my boyfriend about 7 months ago. He owns the house we live in and I agreed to help out with the bills when I moved in. He originally wanted me to pay for half of every bill but I just cannot afford this. I make 30,000 a year and he makes 95,000! I am currently paying over 1/3 of...

View more questions Search