Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jmarcan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2006, 12:58 PM
    Garnished Bank Account
    Hello - My bank account was recently garnished as an attempt to collect on a Judgement against me. The amount of the Judgement is more than what the balance of my bank account was. The current balance of my bank account shows as negative in the amount of what is owed for the judgement. If I want to pay the judgement in full, is it best to deposit the money into my bank account that has been seized?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 11, 2006, 01:20 PM
    No, Contact the creditor to get a current balance and send them a money order. Demand that the garnishment be released upon recipt and that a letter to that effect be sent to you and the bank.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bank funds garnished [ 5 Answers ]

I just learned that my accounts have been garnished because of a student loan issued by the school not PHEAA has not been paid. How do I get them to remove the levy? Do I make a payment arrangement and the accounts are unfrozen? How does this work?? :eek:

Bank Account Garnishments [ 3 Answers ]

A gargishment was set in our bank account the day before thanksgiving, we were not notified by the creditor by phone or certified mail , is this illegal ? How long does the process take to submit a garnishment on an account?

Co-signer on Car Loan and Account Garnished [ 4 Answers ]

My husband and I have just had our joint account garnished/levey yesterday and all the bank would give us was a phone number that was only in operation from 8-5pm. They would not tell us any details only that the account had been garnished. Today we have found out that is for collection of a...

Account Garnished, Possible Lien, Please help [ 7 Answers ]

In March of 2003 I stopped paying 3 of my credit cards while I lived in FL. Now, World Assett Mgmt, a debt purchaser, and one of the worst, has placed a jugdement against me, filed for contempt of court, and has garnished my bank account. (I know I should have shown up for the court hearings, but I...

Garnished bank account funds [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Texas. In 1999 I had a business that failed. One company that I owed filed a judgement. Now I have been told by my bank that my bank account funds have been garnished, from said judgement. According to Texas Law only tax levies can garnish a bank account. I have filed and signed a letter...

View more questions Search