Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ssjoseph2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2010, 12:15 PM
    Adopotion procedures of a child without a bio father?
    I'm a single mother of a 4yr old son that his bio father has no contact with him. I was 17 when I got pregnant and his father was 23 at the time. He has recently has a child in march 2009 and has known about my son since the day I found out I was pregnant. (august 13 2005) how do I go about getting my ex to adopt my son? My ex has been in my son's life since I was 5mo pregnant was at the hospital when I had him. Called the father and he didn't care. My son knows my ex as his daddy and haas nothing to do with the real father. I live in Texas, Round Rock, But have to go through austin court systems. How can I go about this since he will not even take a dna test. Tried to go to the Attorney General but still nothing. Please help me
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 13, 2010, 01:43 PM

You file in court to establish paternity, and force him to take a DNA test though court. ( this is civil not criminal)
    And you go after him for child support, ( that normally makes them very helpful to sign over their rights
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jun 14, 2010, 05:32 AM

Wait---you want a man you are not even with anymore to adopt the child from the biological father?

Won't happen.

Not unless you give up YOUR rights too, to let this person adopt.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 14, 2010, 07:33 AM

Missed, the ex part, the courts will not allow a non partner to be the other adoptive parent

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I adopt my wife's child even if the bio-father is in jail? His name is on the because. [ 1 Answers ]

My wife and I are married with 2 children now, but she has a child before getting married. He is 7 and the father is in jail. His name was on the birth certificate but the child's last name is the still the mothers maiden name. They where never married. We are in the philippines so I don't know how...

Bio father never seen by child [ 3 Answers ]

Okay so this is the deal. I dated my sons father for about a year. I got pregnant and haven't seen him since I was four weeks pregnant. He hasn't contacted to me try to see my son or even cared to see him. He told my father that he didn't want anything to do with my son ever. My son is now 18...

Bio father rights/abandonment of child/child support? [ 6 Answers ]

I am 6 weeks pregnant and the father is my ex boyfriend. I reached out to him 3 different times to see how he felt about this and what his interest would be in terms of involvement with his child. He has been quite verbally hostile and told me to die and other choice things. What time frame...

View more questions Search