Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    icequeen88 Posts: 40, Reputation: 0

Jun 13, 2010, 07:10 AM
    Are the Forwarded email ads from contacts automatic or chosen randomly?
    I had received a FW: ad from someone of my past about a how he ordered a iPhone etc. and got it legally shipped blah blah blah, you know how those ads are. Im still on his contact list but did he personally choose me or did the Yahoo mail automatically send the ad to all his contacts?

Can someone please answer I would really appreciate it
    dandemeyere Posts: 50, Reputation: 3

Jun 14, 2010, 09:15 AM
    I would have to surmise the person's email account of which the email was forwarded from (your friend) had his account hacked. I know of some friends and colleagues who I received emails from for 'getting a free iPad if you're willing to do testing' and know for a fact it was a scam and was unintentionally sent from them. If you are no longer in contact with the person from your past, creating a filter via your email client (Outlook, Mail, Thunderbird, etc.) or webmail client (Gmail, Hotmail, etc.) would be advisable and if you have any questions on how to do this, feel free to ask :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to import contacts from my Outlook 2007 contacts to BT Yahoo contacts? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm hoping that if I can import my list of Outlook contacts into BT Yahoo webmail it might stopping blocking emails from known friends. There appear to be no instructions for importing Outlook 2007 contacts into BT Yahoo/Talk21. I am following the instructions for earlier versions of Outlook, have...

Can a W-2 be forwarded? [ 2 Answers ]

If you have moved and filled out a change of address at the post office to have your mail forwarded, would your W-2 be forwarded also? I heard it was considered a government document & the post office would not forward it but would send it back to the addressor. Is this true?

How automatic email sending works [ 1 Answers ]

I want to host a website that will email to users automatically daily at 1:00Am, how this can be done. I'll be very thankful for the answer.

Illusions contacts VS Natural touch contacts [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! Any one got any info on Illusions opeque colored contacts and Natrual Touch opeque colored contacts? Because I want to order some but my budget is very slim. The discroption of the contacts says that they provide depth to the eye... which gives off the illusion that they color you have is the...

View more questions Search