Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Howardstipple Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2010, 03:38 AM
    Questions after extraction
    I had a premolar extracted 5 days ago and I haven't really eaten or drunk much since then (apart from having yoghurts, yoghurt drinks etc) it feels like I have a filling and I feel really uncomfortable.

I am considering ringing my dentist tomorrow to get him to have a look at it but I feel it all the time and I am so hungry :(

Any advice?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 13, 2010, 04:12 AM

You could eat now, on the other side of your mouth. You are asked to go easy the first couple of days so the clot can form inside the hole. I know what you are feeling with your tongue and it is perfectly normal. Just follow your dentist's instructions, which would be soft foods for first two days. Don't carry it to the extreme and starve yourself.

Tick
    Howardstipple Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2010, 04:50 AM

Thanks, I guess you are right, I am so hungry it is unreal (5 days without any proper food!) I think I will try & eat something today for my own health.

I do have a horrid taste in my mouth, been using toothpaste & mouth wash to try and get rid of it, is that normal too or is that sign of an infection?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 13, 2010, 07:14 AM

Hi again, howard, here is a website with some good advice about care after tooth extraction. Should not use mouthwash but a solution of salt and water. I guess you did not have any instructions from your dentist.
    Tooth extractions aftercare: A listing of common post tooth extraction instructions. (After the first 24 hours.)
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2010, 08:06 AM
    Howard, you should be rinsing with warm salt water a few times a day. Definitely eat but chew on the opposite side from where the tooth was removed. If you are experiencing pain, some Tylenol or Advil should help and if it doesn't go back to see your dentist to be sure things are healing as they should. Don't poke around in the area where the tooth was removed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tooth Extraction [ 5 Answers ]

Hi My middle molar (used for chewing) broke of from the side, and I went to see the dentist who informed me that the tooth was dead and under the gum infected, so I have to take the tooth out inorder to prevent the infection from spreading to the other molar (the last one at the back). But my...

Want a crown not extraction [ 2 Answers ]

went to a my dentist for a check up, 6 months previous no problems, however that dentist had left the practice and I now have a new guy. Looked at my teeth and asked if I had and problems with them, my reply was no. He then decided to give me x-rays to see how my old filling were shaping up, he...

Sucrose extraction [ 1 Answers ]

How can sucrose be extracted from sugar cane?

#18 Extraction Questions [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am a prior Dental Lab tech of 5 years, and need some advice. I had a extraction of the roots on 18, a periodontal pocket had allowed decay to cause my crown and core build up, and post to fall out. I went in for root extraction and allow healing for future bone graph and implant. Ive had...

Extraction [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I went to the dentist the other day and was told I need to have an extraction done. I was given antibiotics and have taken them. I don't have any pain yet but do have swelling gums. I have an appointment in a month (earliest I could get in). Will the infection come back in this time or has it...

View more questions Search