Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gary11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2010, 12:49 PM
    What is CA code for installing a check valve at water meter outlet?
    I need to know what CA plumbing code calls for if I am installing a check valve on the outlet side of my water meter.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 12, 2010, 02:12 PM

We have California Plumbers on tap that can answer but I'm curious. Why would you want to install a check valve on your water service?
    Would it be that you have installed a booster pump on your house system that has a higher PSI then the city main? Just asking! Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to Test Water Line From Meter to Street Valve [ 3 Answers ]

Is there a way to test the water line from the meter to the street valve to see if there's a leak? I know you can test gas lines by putting a pressure test on them, can you do the same with the water line?

No shutoff valve at water meter [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all: I recently bought a run-down house and I'm trying to renovate it. It currently has a leaking sink valve in one of the bathroom sinks that needs changing. I need to shut off the water for the entire house, however, I can't seem to find the main water shutoff. I looked at and near the...

Water haeter pressure valve leaking and new meter [ 3 Answers ]

My water heater's pressure relief valve started leaking today. A few days ago the city installed a new meter. The city says the new meter has a electronic reader and that no other changes were made. Of course, I did have some air in the lines initially-could that have caused my valve to go bad? ...

Is watermain valve/meter under water a bad thing? [ 3 Answers ]

The house we rent was buildt in the 80's. When it rains we get a foul smell from master bedroom. We have checked for rodents in rain gutters and took room apart to look around. Smell has gone on for a year. Our toilets get plugged very easily. We had one toilet replaced. Our entire house looses...

Installing old work outlet next to water pipe [ 1 Answers ]

I want to install an electric outlet behind the wall of my shower. The water pipes and connection to the shower head and faucets will be about 4" from the side of the plastic "old work" electric box. The outlet will be for my computer equipment. Is it wise to put an outlet there? If so, should I...

View more questions Search