Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bdibble Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2010, 06:58 AM
    Refrigerator won't get colder
    The fan is blowing in the refrigerator but the unit is not getting cold. I think the compressor is not working. How do I tell?
    Angrycustomer Posts: 79, Reputation: -1

Jul 12, 2010, 09:37 PM

You first have to get an infrared ion detector from home depot. This will enable you to detect heat movements on the inside of the compressor dome while its functioning. Ultimately you can see the compressor function through a crude MRI. If they are out of stock ask sears or united refrigeration. The cost of the tool is relatively cheap compared to modern medical equipment. Its cost is around 1200 dollars but well worth the investment. You would want to do warranty work with out one. If your fridge costs more than the tool then just get a rubber mallet and give it a wack unless its not humming, in which case you should check the relay and overload and compressor windings. If its fed from a board make sure you have correct voltage to the csr.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Warmer or colder? [ 1 Answers ]

Is a coast warmer or colder than a coral reef?

New and Old refrigerator.won't cool=same issue [ 4 Answers ]

Just bought a new refrigerator thinking that the old problem of the refrigerator side not being cold is gone.. but now its back and I'm wondering before wasting more time swapping units, what else could be the problem.. thanks

Ge refrigerator water dispenser won't work? [ 2 Answers ]

What could i try to get my water dispenser to work on my ge refrigerator? I have everything hooked up i think.. i have water going to it... im waiting to see if my ice maker works now.. but i still can't get water to dispense from the water dispenser... help?? Please... tracy:confused:

Anyone knows how to tune a Ford Explorer AC colder [ 5 Answers ]

I just had someone replace my old leaking AC compressor on the 98 Explorer. It doesn't blow the air as real icy cold as before. Any idea?

Colder Plugs? [ 1 Answers ]

I was searching the net for something I can't remember and came across this Civic faq on 92-95 civics by txgreasemonkey. It stated that engine knock on a 93 civic dx was solved by using a plug 2 steps colder ...

View more questions Search