tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 12, 2010, 06:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by micbryant View Post
    who made this monotype
    Did you intend to enclose a picture?
    micbryant Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2010, 06:58 AM

How do you attacth a picture from profile?

Jun 12, 2010, 07:57 AM
    Who made this
    Can you identify my monotype

Jun 12, 2010, 08:03 AM
    Who is the artist
    Name:  Image0627.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  94.7 KB

Name:  Image0628.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  56.5 KB

Jun 12, 2010, 08:28 AM
    Who made this
    This is a monotype exhibited community center gallery oct 16 1965 also a tag that says sept 9 1961 104 n trade st. winston-salem gallery accepted by the 12th annual jury Harvard Anason vice president art admin Solomon Googenheim foundation. Looks like asian seal no signature
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 12, 2010, 03:14 PM

Sorry we can't help you, yes it is an asian seal, on a very poorly done piece of artwork. If it is asian, then it doesn't follow their normal well done type of work. It looks like one of those elephant or monkey paintings we used to see coming from that area in the 60s and 70s that sold for a lot of money and were actually in the Guggenheim for a period.

Tick
    thatcomedian Posts: 53, Reputation: 4

Jun 12, 2010, 11:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by micbryant View Post
    this is a monotype exhibited community center gallery oct 16 1965 also a tag that says sept 9 1961 104 n trade st. winston-salem gallery accepted by the 12th anual jury Harvard Anason vice president art admin Solomon Googenheim foundation. looks like asian seal no signature
    I don't think it is an asian seal. It looks like it is made up of small squares that each contain a letter of the alphabet, not sure if it is english letters, hebrew or what but It might contain the artist's name.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rare 80's children's Movie (or made for TV movie) made with puppets [ 12 Answers ]

I'm trying to find a movie (or TV movie) that I enjoyed as a child. It aired sometime during the early 80's. I remember it taking place in a cave with some green creatures (goblins?). The king was making a wish and they started in a song and dance about how the king would be making this wish...

Collection agency still calling after payment agreement made & pymts being made [ 4 Answers ]

I have an outstanding bill with Hydro one in Ontario of 800.00 owing since 2003, with interest the bill has now doubled to 1600.00, I was unable to make payments on this bill due to financial reasons, but this past month & half I have been paying 100.00 /month to the collection agency, they are...

I made someone up [ 10 Answers ]

Ok, I think this is going to be a long story so... sorry in advance. I've been in a relationship for 4 years now. We have a 6 month old daughter, and we argue all the time. Our sex life is pretty much completely shot, and I always find text messages in her phone to and from other guys. One of...

Monotype, titled "indian Summer" by a James? Value? Aritst? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a very large framed (4'7"x 3'5") piece of southwestern (I think) piece of artwork. My uncle got it from a famous interior designer before he passed away. We think it may be worth something. The only information we have though is the it's a monotype, titled "indian Summer" signes James? Or...

What Made you think this? [ 2 Answers ]

I have an essay due on the 27th and I cannot think of anything to say.. I was hoping someone can give me a few ideas to help me get on my feet. The topic is... Describe an experience that changed the way you think about something. Please help me pick up on my paper.:confused:

View more questions Search