Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lover.. Posts: 2, Reputation: 3

Jun 11, 2010, 03:37 PM
    Molested by older brother,how to tell mother.
    My older brother molested me numerous times when I was about 4 or 5 years old. First he would make me do thing I had no idea I was doing. =( he would make me tough things and I had no idea it was bad. Until he told not to tell any one. Now I'm 12 and this is still happening he doesn't make me touch anything but I would be sleeping and he would come in to my room at night, or if I was sleeping in the living room he would lift the covers, and touch me or rub himself on me. I was so scared I would just lay there and pretend I was asleep. I never though he was that kind of guy. But it got to the point where I would hide a knife under my pillow and tell myself the next time it happens I would kill him. Of course, I was too scared to do that, too. But instead of killing my brother I grabbed my knife and started cutting myself instead. For months I cut myself trying to get rid of the memories and the pain. But I know that cutting my myself won't help anything. So I stopped. But I still don't know how to tell my mom. All my friend think he is so hot and such a great person but they don't know what kind of person he really is. I try not to talk about him. I stay in my room all day, and never come out. I try to cover up my body but he still stars at me and I just need it to stop. I have though about killing myself so many time thinking it would be better. I have though about cutting myself again but my friend said no.. it doesn't help anything. I have only come to tell one person, but only cause we told each other are deepest secrets. She has helped me a lot but I wish she would tell someone so it can come back to my mom. I have tried tell my older sisters. I can tell them anything but I can't bring myself to tell her this. I almost told her once and said to myself no. I cant. I can't even tell my mom but I can tell my best friend. But she moved so she can't tell anyone.=( I just really really need help telling my mom I have been keeping this to myself for so long. And now I don't talk to anyone. I need help.. please please help me..
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Jun 11, 2010, 05:31 PM
    I moved this post to it's own space,this should be your thread,lover,not exactly on a different one.

Quote Originally Posted by lover.. View Post
    you are just like me.i am only 12 my brother has done it to me since i was about 5. he would make me do things and i didnt even know what was happining. but i know now it is really bad. b ut when we moved i though it was over but it isnt..and need to know how i could tell my mom..help..my e-mail is >Removed<
    thank you.
    Has this been reported to the authorities?

This is a real criminal offense and needs to be treated as such.

If telling your mother isn't going to be easy,perhaps the police would be a better route to go on.Families sometimes want to keep a closed lid on shameful things like this.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 11, 2010, 05:34 PM

I agree with KBC. You need to tell the police. What he's doing is against the law. Yes, you should tell your mother, but the police also need to get involved.
    jpbuzzworthy Posts: 47, Reputation: 4
    -

Jun 11, 2010, 05:56 PM

Tell the police and then your parents on the same day.

Remember. Its not your fault and you did nothing wrong!
    Ultra Member

Jun 11, 2010, 06:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jpbuzzworthy View Post
    Tell the police and then your parents on the same day.

remember. its not your fault and you did nothing wrong!
    It might be hard to tell even one authority figure,much less 2,, but at least get it out in the open,and soon!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 11, 2010, 06:14 PM

Write it down like you are here and hand it to her if you can't tell her. Is there another adult you trust and can talk to ?
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2010, 01:22 PM

You have been keeping this secret long enough and I applaud you for looking for help.

Your in a bad place and you need help,you need an adult to step in,your mother loves you,she will want to help you,your friend is keeping your secret,and does not know to tell anyone.

You need to try and be a little bit brave and tell your mom,or a aunt,your older sister,someone.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2010, 01:31 PM

Lover, I was looking through your posts and see that you posted this question before,the people who answered your question were very helpful in their replies,is there someone you trust who can tell your mom for you?
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2010, 04:06 PM
    [QUOTE=lover..;2392001]:confused:
    Quote Originally Posted by lover.. View Post
    you are just like me.i am only 12 my brother has done it to me since i was about 5. he would make me do things and i didnt even know what was happining. but i know now it is really bad. b ut when we moved i though it was over but it isnt..and need to know how i could tell my mom..help..
    Are you having a difficult time responding,or wondering why this was moved?

Write what you want to in the box below all these posts,then submit answer.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jun 13, 2010, 04:08 PM
    Because what he is doing to you is a criminal act, to have it stop, and have him have to answer to the authorities, you must speak up.

A teacher, counsellor, or family doctor, are obligated by law, to report this abuse, and they will report to CPS. Once it is reported, he will be investigated.

If you need assistance in reporting it to your mother, ask a trusted relative or adult friend, or your own friend you've mentioned, to help you get the words out.

She needs to know. It is also her job to protect you.

It isn't going to be easy, but it is better than the alternatives which are living with it and have it continue. Nobody can help you, if you don't speak up, that is the bottom line.

You are not at fault here. You did not cause this to happen. Please seek help immediately, and post again with how you are doing.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2010, 03:16 PM

Even if you are uncomfratable talking to your mom, can you talk to a friends mom? Or a pastor? Or a teacher? Doctor? Anyone who is an adult in your life can help you. *hugs*
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Jun 14, 2010, 03:30 PM

If you can't tell your mom, then what about telling a doctor or school nurse and having them help you tell your mom? Having another adult there when you tell her, might help.

Are you in counseling for the cutting? If so, then you can have your therapist help you tell your mom.
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2010, 03:46 PM
    Toxic Shame by Leo Booth/John Bradshaw

Toxic Shame - A.J. Mahari - Self Help, Life Coaching - Codependence, Toxic Relationships

Both are similar and allow you search how you came to have these feelings and the reluctance to reach out for help.

Please read them,then get back to us,we really do want to help:)
    lover.. Posts: 2, Reputation: 3

Jun 14, 2010, 04:50 PM
    Thank you...
    Hi.. most of you have read my story about me and I want you to know that I have told my mom and we are getting help and I'm going to live with my sister in Texas. But I will still be getting help there. It was hard to tell my mom but I finally got myself to do it the other day. Thanks for all the help and how to tell my mom and you are all veary helpful and thank you so much for all the help. <3
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Jun 14, 2010, 05:52 PM

I am so glad that you told her. I'm also glad that you're getting help, and getting away from your brother. That took more bravery than I'm sure you realize. Keep that up, and you will grow into a strong, amazing woman. Just don't be afraid to let those who love you help you and hold you when you cry.

Is anything being done about your brother's actions?
    Rosseillini Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2010, 07:28 AM

Just remember this is not yr fault in any way ever. Im glad things r woring out for u it's a long road but take one day at a time.
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2010, 05:21 PM
    Chat speak
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosseillini View Post
    Just remeber this is not yr fault in any way ever. Im glad things r woring out for u it's a long road but take one day at a time.
    Please spell out all words here,the chat speak makes for hard reading for some of us,

Thank you:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to cope with brother that molested me as a child [ 48 Answers ]

My brother is 4 years older than me. Our family was very close (loving parents, no abuse, very normal). When I was very small, I knew my brother never wanted to be around me. He would want to go anywhere I wasn't. I adored my brother and wanted his attention so badly I would do anything to make...

How can I cope with being molested by my older brother? [ 7 Answers ]

My older brother molested me numerous times when I was about 12 years old. I would be sleeping and he would come in to my room at night, lift the covers, and touch me or rub himself on me. I was so scared I would just lay there and pretend I was asleep. It got to the point where I would hide a...

Best friend vs. Her older brother [ 6 Answers ]

Recently, my best friend and I went to a show at a bar. We both got drunk and I ended up making out with her older brother right in front of her. She was not very happy with me for doing that and she yelled at me in front of everyone at the bar multiple times. I know it's not an excuse but I was...

Older brother that cares. [ 4 Answers ]

There is no category to show sibling questions so here I am. Hi, I have an ongoing situation within my family that I wish to cease. My two youngest brothers yell and scream at my mother at every chance, they berate and physically intimidate her & they have stolen off me for years. My mum is a...

View more questions Search