Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    micwood Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2010, 12:59 PM
    20 amp fuze blows when ignition is turned on... what's the problem?
    Troy Bilt Horse /23 HP/ 725CC... 20 amp fuze blows every time the ignition is turned on. I do not see any direct electrical shorts.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 11, 2010, 02:27 PM

Have you changed the keyswitch yet? Sometimes you can get an internal short there.
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jun 11, 2010, 02:41 PM

Just to add here if you have a bad ground this can also cause a fuse to blow, its not always the hot side that's a problem

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan randomly blows (though it's turned off) on a Trane XR401 [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everybody. Got a hopefully small problem with my heat at home, and I'm hoping somebody can give me a hand. My thermostat is a Trane XR401, connected up to a Trane outdoor unit, and both were new and professionally installed last April. The heat and A/C both work fine. However, this winter...

7.3 diesel IDM fuse blows as soon as key is turned to on position [ 1 Answers ]

I have checked all harnesses from valve covers to ecm I was told IDM controler was on fire wall under dash under seat on floor plan? Thanks M

Civic won't start , when ignition is turned on all it does is click, had battery chec [ 2 Answers ]

Had battery checked and it checked out good. Used car in the afternoon got home and when I went to use it later all it did was click , lights turn on , no dimming of them What can be the problem

Carrier Ignition Lockout Code & Ignitor Problem [ 3 Answers ]

The code I'm getting is 14 for ignition lockout, will reset in 3 hrs. The furnace tries to ignite 3 or 4 times and then the code trips and shuts the furnace down. I usually just flip the manual switch to get it going again but if I'm not home to pay attention or if we're asleep the house will...

Ignition problem [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Miller propane furnace with hot surface ignition. Most of the time it starts and ignites fine, but sometimes the furnace will start but will not light until you open the door and shut it so it resets.I have replaced the Honeywell single try hot suface igniter with a new 3-try igniter. It...

View more questions Search