Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kia Posts: 272, Reputation: 13

Jun 10, 2010, 06:52 PM
    Subleting my apt
    I would like to sublet my apartment to pay off some debt I have. I want to rent the whole apartment out, and I will not be living there. I live in Maryland, is this legal?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 10, 2010, 06:54 PM

What does your rental contract say? Most don't allow for it.
    jonledin Posts: 29, Reputation: -1

Jun 25, 2010, 09:43 AM
    No, you can not sublet your apartment without permission from landlord. See if the landlord would be willing to accept sublease agreement. If so, then proceed to rent it out

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Apt A/C is not cooling apt [ 2 Answers ]

My apt A/C unit is at 60 and the thermostat is reading a room temp of between 75 - 78. I have contacted maintenance several times and was told there was nothing they could do. I went out and noticed that the outside unit appears to have water leaking coming from the unit itself. What could be the...

My mom is very mean, and nothing I do is ever right! I want my own apt. [ 10 Answers ]

My mom is always yelling at me and complaining and nothing I do is right, I just want to get emancipated so I can be happy again. I can't wear my hair in the style I like because she has a control issue she is always putting me down. She always tells me to grow up and be responsible but when I do...

Apt worries. [ 3 Answers ]

I just signed a year's lease on a apartment... Now I'm starting to have cold feet. The apartment is not what I expected it to be, there are repairs that need to be made so forth and so on.. I haven't moved yet... So my question is... do I have any rights to gain my money back?

Showing apt. [ 3 Answers ]

We have a 3 family owner occupied house in Hoboken, Hudson County NJ. Our lease states that we can show the apt. on "reasonable notice" . We are evicting the tenants for various reasons. Below is a letter they sent in response to my showing the apt. Note that this woman has not been staying in the...

Apt lease [ 1 Answers ]

How do I remove my name as a co-signer from a apartment lease??

View more questions Search