Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    disgustedmom Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2010, 05:27 PM
    Teen Daughters Outbursts About Mom's Weight
    Can anyone give me some advice about my teen daughter constantly, rudely and cold-heartedly making stupid, unnecessary insults about my low back pain. She says I have "selected pain" because my orthopedic doctor suggests me walking on the treadmill at least 3x a week! HELLO! I've been in pain since July, 2003 and have NEVER and would NEVER "fake" ANY type of pain! My diagnosis: Congenital Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Severe Sciatica, 4 bulging discs and 1 herniated disc! Yeah, that's fake all right! VERY hurtful, cruel and UNforgivable! Help!

P.S. We are seeing a psychologist.
    Goldenwolf Posts: 157, Reputation: 9

Jun 30, 2010, 07:00 PM
    Maybe your daughter is just trying to be rude? As a teen, I have sometimes tried to be rude with my parents just because I am mad at them. You should talk to her, and a psychologist is a great idea. That is how my parent's dealt with me when I had a rude-streak trying just for the sake of it.

Having someone to talk about how she feels may be what your daughter needs
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 30, 2010, 07:02 PM

Let me see telling her to shut up, and taking away things if she continues to be rude. No TV, no cell phone, no use of car ( if that old) and so on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am an over weight teen and I would like to loss weight [ 9 Answers ]

Hi guys and gals. I am 17 yrs old. And have been overweight ever scense I can remember (all my life) and I really would like to finally loos weight I mean I am comfortable with myself but I know I need to get healthy Any tips?

Teen Daughters Outbursts About Mom's Weight [ 5 Answers ]

My 18 year-old daughter repeatedly insults me and calls me overweight! I'm 5' 21/2" and a petite build, weighing 130. Even if I lose weight, she's SO hurtful! Is it true that if someone finds fault with others, that they're really unhappy with themselves? Do I respond to these insults?

Teen weight lost [ 3 Answers ]

How can a teenage female lose 10 pounds in one week?:confused:

Weight problemhelp for teen? [ 3 Answers ]

OK this is really embarrassing so... I’m a 14 year old girl (5'3") and I weigh... about 180... give or take a few pounds... For the last few years I’ve been getting made fun of by kids at school, my mom says some rude stuff sometimes, and my grandparents tell me I’m going to die of a heart...

Brother won't leave mom's house after mom's death [ 3 Answers ]

Hello My mother died recently. My brother is the executor of the estate. He lived with my mother prior to her death. The will clearly states that of all of mom's posssessions go into an estate, get sold and then be evenly distributed among six siblings. My brother is refusing to put the...

View more questions Search