Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    missy9249 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2010, 03:39 PM
    accounting questions free
    A company is incorporated but has not been active for a couple of years .The owner wants to close the company down since it is just costing money for business taxes etc . There is an asset -a building .Can this building be shown at fair market value & then the loss claimed as a business investment loss on the shareholder's personal tax return ?
    ejaznasar Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2010, 12:44 AM
    Do closing stocks appers in trial balance?
    missy9249 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2010, 05:51 AM

The trial balance shows the undepreciated value of the building & the purchase of the building was set up as a loan from shareholder .There has never been any income from this business from the start up . That is why the owner wants to close it down - all is happening is payment for property taxes each year .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Accounting questions and answers free [ 28 Answers ]

I purchased a chair from a vendor for $2,500 in September 2009 and sold the chair to MEDIC for $3,500 in September 2009 In January 2010 MEDIC returned the chair. MEDIC did not want a refund only another brand of chair. I returned that chair to my vendor and got a full refund of $2,500. I...

Free answers to accounting questions [ 5 Answers ]

Need help with journal entries June 1: Cara made an investment in Byte of Accounting, Inc. by purchasing 2,580 shares of its common stock paying $42,900 in cash and by contributing computer equipment with a fair market value of $57,720. The par value of the common stock was $21 per share. ...

Accounting questions free [ 2 Answers ]

This company has not kept proper accounting records and these are the records and balances: 2007 2008 Bank 14,500 -3,800 Accounts Receivable 10,350 14,780 Delivery Vehicles ...

View more questions Search