Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    callie5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2010, 02:52 PM
    I was getting workmans compensation am I eligible for unemployment benefits
    Am I eligible for unemployment benefits after receiving workman compensations
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 10, 2010, 03:16 PM

No, you can not collect both, first to collect workers comp you have to have an injury that will keep you from working your regular job or a light duty one if made available.

To receive unemployment first you have to report any of your other earnings, but mainly because to collect unemployment you have to be well and in good enough health to go to work.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2010, 07:17 PM

Were you laid off due to being off work due to the WC injury? If you were laid off yes. If you were not laid off no, you cannot collect UE.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Workmans compensation [ 2 Answers ]

I was hurt in alberta canada had surgery on my right knee but it is still not right they are sending me to a clinic in new brunswick were I now live what are my rights ...

Eligibility workmans compensation [ 1 Answers ]

I am 67 years old and drawing social security,I am also presently employed, if I were to get laid off or fired, would I be eligible for unemployment compensation?

Workmans compensation [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know if laws state now that when you come off workmans comp will they give you a settlement? Or is it that you are on workmans comp all the time especially if it's a life long injury? Thanks

Workmans compensation advance [ 1 Answers ]

I am on workmans comp. and since my injury I have fallen behind on my bills (I'm only getting 1/3 of what I was bringing home) I did ask my lawyer to request a advance from my settlement money. My lawyer was unsure of how long it would take to get a response from work comp. so I was just wondering...

View more questions Search