Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sweetlove1826 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2010, 11:34 AM
    I miss my ex and I'm with my 9 year old partner
    This is very confusing and I feel so guilty. I met my fiancé 9 years ago and we had a extremely difficult relationship. We had many differences and I was not completely happy. We were living together for 2 years and in 2007 we separated. This caused me many issues to the point I am drinking medicine for depression and going to therapy for the past 2 years. Right After I separated from my fiancé, I started dating an old friend of mine for the past 2 years. 6 months ago, I broke up with him and came back with my fiancé because I could not stop thinking about my fiancé. NOW, there is not one day I don't think about my ex and miss him. What can I do to learn how to let go?
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Jun 10, 2010, 11:47 AM

So you date one guy and then part ways, you start to miss him, you date a new guy, break up with said new guy, get back with the first guy, and then the cycle repeats.. .

My advice is stay single for a while (a year at the very least) and sort yourself out. Jumping from relationship to relationship can lead to complications like an infinite loop.
    sweetlove1826 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2010, 12:37 PM

That is how I feel. Its like I can't let go of either! On top of that I suffer from depression and drinking medication, which makes it harder for me to stay alone.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2010, 08:59 AM

A couple of things - first, your post is in the wrong place. Issues and causes isn't for personal matters, but rather for people who want to discuss political issues and causes, so please put this in the relationships section.

Then you have the issue of "drinking medication". I don't know of any antidepressant medication that is liquid. Are you drinking alcohol... is this your way of saying you are an alcoholic? If not, what are you taking? You need to go get treatment for what sounds like an addictive behavior and depression. You will not find happiness with anyone else until you address this issue for yourself.

Stop dating both of these guys - stop dating, period. Focus on yourself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I miss him.does he miss and love me too? [ 7 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I broke up about a month ago now. We talk everyday whether it is online or through text. We do not talk on the phone but even while dating we didn't. He is just not a phone person. Well when we broke up it was all his choice. He said that there were things about me that he...

What would cause my 99 Taurus to miss, and then run great, miss etc etc? [ 4 Answers ]

It will idle up to about 2000 rpm, runs fine, starts coming down, running good, drop to 700/800 rpm, starts spuddering, does not kill. And I am hearing a loud hiss, like there is a vacume leak, somewhere between the engine and the fire wall.

I want my partner of 6 yrs to adopt my 5 year old daughter [ 2 Answers ]

My partner of 6 years and I want him to adopt my daughter of 5 yrs, he has been as good as a father and been with us since I was pregnant with my daughter and ever since. Her biological farther has never bothered with er and is;nt even on the birth certificate. They have a brilliant relationship...

8 Year Partner left me, then decided she wanted me back after I found someone else [ 5 Answers ]

Hi Hoping I can get some clarity for my confusion here, as quite honeslty, I am going round in circles. The history... I met and fell in love with the girl of my dreams about 8 years ago. The relationship was great for about 4 years, and then I started to suspect things were wrong. Now I...

View more questions Search