Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    binx44 Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 88
    Ultra Member

Jun 10, 2010, 10:28 AM
    Jobs up north. (northern canada in general)
    I'm trying to help out a friend who doesn't have internet access..
    He's looking for a public works job, or oil rig job or anything up north... as in northern alberta, northern because, etc.. Nwt... anything like that and I'm having no luck searching and I've been at it all day long so far. Can anyone help me out
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 10, 2010, 11:28 AM

Enter 'jobs in northern Canada' at Google and you will come up with a lot of websites for jobseekers to find employment. That is about the only you can help him, give him access to websites that offer all possibilities. Does he have a computer, or can he access one, because he is going to need it if he is looking for a job that far off base?

I know for sure there is plenty of employment in Alberta now; and that Province has a website accessed through Google. That would be another possibility.

www.albertajobs.com

This search took me five minutes.

Tick
    Ultra Member

Jun 10, 2010, 11:32 AM

I've tried those exact searches and I'm not finding the types of jobs he is qualified for at all... he has No access to a computer no nothing... and alberta doesn't have jack.. believe me.. that's where I'm living and I can't even get myself a job
    Expert

Jun 10, 2010, 11:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by binx44 View Post
    ive tried those exact searches and i'm not finding the types of jobs he is qualified for at all.... he has No access to a computer no nothing... and alberta doesnt have jack.. believe me.. thats where i'm living and i can't even get myself a job
    Okay, what is he qualified for ?

Tick
    Ultra Member

Jun 10, 2010, 11:34 AM

He can run heavy machenery ( I just don't know all what kinds, but like bobcats and stuff), he's got his air brakes license... and he's worked for public works in the town he lives in for ten years
    Expert

Jun 10, 2010, 11:40 AM

I don't know binny, there was always something for me to find when I really wanted it. Here is a website for logging and forrestry positions, mill work, etc.

Logging and Mill Equipment - forestry, Canada, careers, jobs, forest products, wood, paper, parks, trees, research, logging, sawmills, news, environment, professional associations
    Expert

Jun 10, 2010, 11:41 AM

Even when you come across a website that you think may be something for you, there is always a website inside a website if you know what I mean that takes you other places. Its called networking.

Tick
    Ultra Member

Jun 10, 2010, 12:09 PM

I'll keep trying, I thought about mills and stuff for him too, but he wants to stay in the area of work he's in now. Working for towns and cities
    Expert

Jun 10, 2010, 12:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by binx44 View Post
    i'll keep trying, i thought about mills and stuff for him too, but he wants to stay in the area of work hes in now. working for towns and cities
    I will see what I can come up with too.
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2010, 09:40 AM

Your so sweet tick. Thanks
    lydialynn Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2012, 05:39 AM
    As far as I am informed I can say that there are several jobs in Maryland available in different sectors including IT, Finance, Hospitality, Medical, Management, Marketing etc, If your friend is interested to do job in Maryland then he can easily apply for it online. Related information for the available jobs will be gathered by searching online.

Feb 3, 2012, 05:40 AM
    As far as I am informed I can say that there are several jobs in Maryland available in different sectors including IT, Finance, Hospitality, Medical, Management, Marketing etc, If your friend is interested to do job in Maryland then he can easily apply for it online. Related information for the available jobs will be gathered by searching online.

Feb 3, 2012, 05:45 AM

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adjusting for general general, does retained earnings go in there [ 3 Answers ]

I have just completed an adjusted entry and would like to see if it is correct, it is my first try: The problem is:1. insurance expires at the rate of 400. A month 2. a count 08/31 shows 600. Supplies on hand 3. annual depreciation is 6000. On cottages and 24000. On furniture. 4. unearned rent...

The reversing entry in the general journal and posting it to the general ledger [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I need to know How I can post reversing etry in to the general ledger ? For example if I have The business last paid a water bill in May, which was for 3 months of water expense up to the end of April. The additional accrual entry for water expense for the last two months is $2,290. And I...

General Ledger versus General Journal [ 1 Answers ]

Does the number of entries in the general journal equal the number of entries in the general ledger. Why?

USA, Mexico, Canada might become the North American Union [ 68 Answers ]

Maybe some of you have seen on the news the idea of making a huge highway from Mexico to Canada. And, as you probably know, borders aren't being improved. I have recently seen on more than one political program that the US is taking steps toward making a North American Union. Much like the...

Yo Northern [ 2 Answers ]

I did my best while you weren't here, but let these go: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/heating-air-conditioning/replacing-15-yr-old-carrier-heat-pump-best-suggestion-52021.html https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/heating-air-conditioning/continual-boiler-pressure-drop-51694.html ...

View more questions Search