Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amarie0621 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2010, 08:33 AM
    Apt A/C is not cooling apt
    My apt A/C unit is at 60 and the thermostat is reading a room temp of between 75 - 78. I have contacted maintenance several times and was told there was nothing they could do. I went out and noticed that the outside unit appears to have water leaking coming from the unit itself. What could be the problem?
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jun 10, 2010, 08:45 AM
    1st water drainage is normal
    2nd a setting of 60 is normally way to low, turn it off in a couple hours after it has thawed out set the temp to 68-70-or 72 degrees,, the normal temp most people would set it and after a few hours see if its not working better
    amarie0621 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2010, 08:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by wmproop View Post
    1st water drainage is normal
    2nd a setting of 60 is normally way to low,,turn it off in a couple hours after it has thawed out set the temp to 68-70-or 72 degrees,,,,the normal temp most people would set it and after a few hours see if its not working better
    I agree that 60 is too low but when it was at 70 the apt was unbearable. But I will definitely take your suggestion about turning it off and restarting it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fleas in Apt [ 3 Answers ]

Hey everyone... So recently I've had a horrible flea problem in my apartment. I've lived here for a year, never had any problems. I got a cat in February, kept flea meds on her with no problems, even when I took her to the ocean. I got new upstairs neighbours in June. They have 2 dogs. Ever...

My mom is very mean, and nothing I do is ever right! I want my own apt. [ 10 Answers ]

My mom is always yelling at me and complaining and nothing I do is right, I just want to get emancipated so I can be happy again. I can't wear my hair in the style I like because she has a control issue she is always putting me down. She always tells me to grow up and be responsible but when I do...

Showing apt. [ 3 Answers ]

We have a 3 family owner occupied house in Hoboken, Hudson County NJ. Our lease states that we can show the apt. on "reasonable notice" . We are evicting the tenants for various reasons. Below is a letter they sent in response to my showing the apt. Note that this woman has not been staying in the...

Apt lease [ 1 Answers ]

How do I remove my name as a co-signer from a apartment lease??

How much carpeting has to be down in an apt? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi there- I know that in NY apartments have to have area rugs covering at least 75% of the floors. Is there a law similar to that here in MA? My neighbors above me ripped up their carpet and put down linoleum(SOOO LOUD), which they weren't supposed to do because we rent. I want to go to my...

View more questions Search