Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PrttyBrownEyez21 Posts: 121, Reputation: 2

Jun 10, 2010, 07:38 AM
    In your opinion,are we as humans prisoners to our socialaztion? Why or why not?
    I was reading in my sociology book and I came across the topic of socialization or whether humans are prisoners of their socialization. So I am curious to know where some people stand on the topic. Personally I'm in the middle because I think society shapes who we are to a certain extent, but I wouldn't go as far as saying that we are prisoners to our socialization. The reason I say that is because people break societies typical norms and things like that all the time.Do you agree or disagree with me?

So again my question is Do you think we as humans are prisoners to our socialization?why or why not?

Check out some similar questions!

Is going to a halfway house mandatory for all federal prisoners [ 2 Answers ]

Is going to a halway house mandatory for all federal prisoners or do they have the choice to just complete their sentence in the prison itself?

Futuristic, prison without walls, prisoners wore explosive collers that blew up [ 2 Answers ]

Movie... Futuristic, prison without walls, prisoners wore explosive collers that blew up if they got too far from a fellow prisoner who's coller was on the same frequency, They never knew who they were in tune with.

Movie-2 women trapped in another country(no passport and held as prisoners). [ 2 Answers ]

I believe they got scandled by this guy they hooked up with and somehow when they woke up the next morning... they were in jail.

Prisoners have rights too! [ 1 Answers ]

My husband is incarcerated and has been for seven years. A young lady has proclaimed my husband as well as two other men to be the father of her son. One of the men is listed on the child's birth certificate. She also named her son after the other man but claims my husband is definitely the...

Prisoners & sterility [ 2 Answers ]

Is it true that men that have been incarcerated for a long period become sterile because of something they put in their food? I was told that they use something in the food to keep inmates from getting "urges" (whether its with other prisoners, or visitors), and after so long they are unable to...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.