Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    EssenceX123 Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2010, 05:00 AM
    Bump in my lower back
    Hello,

I do gymnastics and I train everyday, I do cartwheels, round-offs, front limbers, back walkovers, and back bends.

Lately I have been experiencing pain in my lower back, and it started to hurt when I get up from the back bend.

Today I woke up with a bump in my lower back, and it hurts, and I can't get up properly from a back bend as it hurts.

What is that bump??
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 10, 2010, 05:34 AM

Don't do the back bend if it hurts, definitely. You are obviously traumatizing that part of your body and you should go for a check up if you want to continue with your gymnastics. A friend of mine in CA had to retire from high wire gymnastics because of back problems, basically because he didn't have it looked after soon enough. If he had he would still be doing what he loved today.

Tick
    EssenceX123 Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2010, 11:48 AM

All right, I'll see a doctor

Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rash on the back of my neck and lower back. [ 14 Answers ]

I've been getting this rash that is almost hive like feeling (when I touch it, it feels like welts like you get with hives) it itches but I can't see it. The rash is on my lower back, and the hairline of my neck. In the morning it is the worst and then it seems to get better throughout the...

Pain at lower abdoen left and right and at lower back [ 2 Answers ]

I am 27 years old and I am feel pain at lower abdomen left and right and at lower back. Although it is not a huge pain but a little bit on and of some times. Please guide me. Thanks,

My lower back [ 10 Answers ]

Has anyone every had a back strain so painful making up feel horrible? I cannot sit or long or move much already over a week. This is driving up a wall went to hospital already.They told me rest and pain pills though didn't do much right now.Suppose to physio well if I'm lucky to get in fast is...

Bump behind my right ear but lower [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have a bump behind my right ear but lower down on my neck I just have been sick with a cold for about a month and my sisterr said it's a lymp node but my bump doesn't move at all and it's the size of a penny. Do you know what it is?

View more questions Search