Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MasonRacin Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Dec 11, 2006, 01:18 AM
    Moving NY to NC advice !
    Hi everyone. I live in upstate NY and am looking to move to Mooresville, NC (or surrounding areas) in Sept. 07. I've been doing a lot of homework on it and I was wondering if there was anyone from that area or even NC in general. What is winter there like? What are regulations regarding inspections, insurance, registration, etc. on a vehicle? What would I be looking to pay to rent a 3 bedroom house outside of town? Are there any dirt (oval) race tracks? Are there a lot of hurricaines or other bad storms around the Charlotte region? How hard is it get get a job down there? I just want to know some general info about NC and the Charlotte area. Any info would help. Thanks!
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2006, 02:07 PM
    I found this website on temperatures in North Carolina, you should perhaps check it out: http://www.nc-climate.ncsu.edu/climate/ncclimate.html
    rwajr61 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2006, 06:29 PM
    My name is Roy Anderson, I moved from the Empire state and have never looked back. The cost of living and the quality of life are wonderful. As you know NASCAR is a driving force here in the Lake Norman Area with many of the race teams located right here in the Lake Norman area. Unemployment is low so I would not worry about employment. Weather is great mid winter tempts are in the mid 40" to lower 50"s. Snow we may get a few inches a year but its gone the next day. Hurricanes raley come this far inland, Charlotte area is about 200 miles from the ocean. Lake Norman is very affordable area as far as prices you can uas the internet for that information. I am a mortgage loan office in the Huntersville area if I can be of any help of any kind please fell free to ask, I can answer any questions you may have about your upcoming move to North Carolina. FYI. The greatest thing about living in this area of North Carolina is you are a short ride to the mountains or the sea.
    Good Luck
    Roy Anderson
    Colonial Mortgage Group
    704-239-9014
    Homesinlakenorman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2007, 05:54 PM
    Hello NY to NC
    What information and advice exactly are you looking for. I moved to the Lake Norman area in NC from NY a couple years ago. So knowning NY, you will love the cost of living and lifestyle here in NC. This area is actually being nicknamed "Little NY" there are so many of us moving here. I am a Realtor so let me know what information you need and I would be more then happy to be able to assist.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 15, 2007, 07:18 PM
    Well you are leaving Heaven if you are moving from upstate NY, it is wonderful.

I had a home on the lake at Lake George before and lived at Lake Placid right after the Olympics. I think about it often.

But NC has it share of treasures also
    ILikeNC2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2007, 05:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MasonRacin
    Hi everyone. I live in upstate NY and am looking to move to Mooresville, NC (or surrounding areas) in Sept. 07. I've been doing a lot of homework on it and I was wondering if there was anyone from that area or even NC in general. What is winter there like? What are regulations regarding inspections, insurance, registration, etc. on a vehicle? What would I be looking to pay to rent a 3 bedroom house outside of town? Are there any dirt (oval) race tracks? Are there a lot of hurricaines or other bad storms around the Charlotte region? How hard is it get get a job down there? I just want to know some general info about NC and the Charlotte area. Any info would help. Thanks!
    Hello,

I am currently having a home built in Mooresville, NC in Linwood farms. I've been down here two weeks living in the Carriage Club apartments and really like it. Everything seems great, definitely noticed a change from New York. However, driving through downtown Mooresville to get to Linwood Farms concerns me a bit. The area seems shady. I am now wondering if there is significant crime here. Anyone else notice this?
    jodz10 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2007, 08:14 AM
    ILNC2

Did you ever get an answer regarding crime rate?
    I have only visited Mooresville once in 2004 - but am looking at possibly moving to the area with my husband and kids (ages 18 & 10) and I was surprised Mooresville was as runned down and old as it was?? I also was wondering about the crime rate...
    There are so many New subdivisions popping up - is that helping?
    Also looking at Linwood Farms myself...

Thanks,
    Jodi

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Moving to Canada - Tax advice request [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am taking up a job in Canada this month with my landed immigrant status. I have filed my 2005 US tax return as MFJ. My wife will continue to work in US for at least next one year. Please advice on the following: - What is my filing status for my 2006 US tax return? I think MFJ...

Moving [ 3 Answers ]

I have been living in a friends house (watching over it since NOV 2005) after she moved permatnately back to FL. I have been paying the bills (phone,electric,water) since she left. I had been talking to her about buying the house right after she left and she told me that she would let me know....

Advice on Giving Advice [ 16 Answers ]

Hey all! I have a slight dilemna and I'd like it if you guys and gals can help me out. I have two friends who are in a relationship together, but things have become kind of rocky between them. The problem is that they are both my friends so they both confide in me and ask for advice. At present...

Moving on.. [ 9 Answers ]

Hi! I was just wondering.. I had a very intense friendship/relationship with my best guy friend.. and because it got really complicated I asked him to choose.. friends or couple. He chose friends. How long do you suggest I wait before going into a new relationship? (I really got screwed up in...

Moving in [ 8 Answers ]

Does everyone get scared of the transition of moving in with their other half? Is there any right/wrong way of going about it, or a way to allay these fears? Is it a learning process to live with someone else, or should you be able to just do it? My other half is worried that it might wreak...

View more questions Search