Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shinokiba Posts: 22, Reputation: 0

Jun 9, 2010, 06:31 PM
    I got 20mg of Amphetamine, do you think that is too much
    In a few days I need to study very hard, and I got 20mg of Amphetamine. I never took Amphetamine before, so do you think it is too much or should I just cut it in half. How long does the effects last for?
    binx44 Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 88
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2010, 06:41 PM

Personally, if you have not been perscribed something or if its not an over the counter medicine you shouldn't take it at all. You don't know if you could be allergic to it. And the sale of perscription drugs is illegal. Therefore unless you have a perscription I wouldn't take this at all, ever...

Amphetamine is "Amphetamine (USAN) or amfetamine (INN) is a psychostimulant drug that is known to produce increased wakefulness and focus in association with decreased fatigue and appetite. Amphetamine is chemically related to methamphetamine and lisdexamfetamine, a class of potent drugs that act by increasing levels of dopamine and norepinephrine in the brain, inducing euphoria.[2][3] The class includes prescription CNS drugs commonly used to treat attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). It is also used to treat symptoms of traumatic brain injury (TBI) and the daytime drowsiness symptoms of narcolepsy, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS) and chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS). Initially, amphetamine was more popularly used to diminish the appetite and to control weight. Brand names of the drugs that contain, or metabolize into, amphetamine include Adderall, Vyvanse, and Dexedrine, as well as Benzedrine in the past."

Jun 9, 2010, 06:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by binx44 View Post
    personally, if you have not been perscribed something or if its not an over the counter medicine you shouldnt take it at all. you dont know if you could be allergic to it. and the sale of perscription drugs is illegal. Therefore unless you have a perscription i wouldnt take this at all, ever...

Amphetamine is "Amphetamine (USAN) or amfetamine (INN) is a psychostimulant drug that is known to produce increased wakefulness and focus in association with decreased fatigue and appetite. Amphetamine is chemically related to methamphetamine and lisdexamfetamine, a class of potent drugs that act by increasing levels of dopamine and norepinephrine in the brain, inducing euphoria.[2][3] The class includes prescription CNS drugs commonly used to treat attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). It is also used to treat symptoms of traumatic brain injury (TBI) and the daytime drowsiness symptoms of narcolepsy, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS) and chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS). Initially, amphetamine was more popularly used to diminish the appetite and to control weight. Brand names of the drugs that contain, or metabolize into, amphetamine include Adderall, Vyvanse, and Dexedrine, as well as Benzedrine in the past."
    Yes, but if I don't take it, I will fail my last year of high school, and I will waste another year of my life.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2010, 06:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinokiba View Post
    Yes, but if I don't take it, I will fail my last year of highschool, and I will waste another year of my life.
    Hello S:

If you DO take it, you might waste more years than that.

excon
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Wow! How did you get it? I sure wouldn't mess with that stuff! When I was your age, young people could get it easily. That's why it's prescription only now -- too much can go wrong when taking it.
    binx44 Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 88
    Ultra Member

I'm sorry but that's not true, all you need to do to successfully finish high school is a lot of hard work and studying. Don't try to cram all that knowledge into your brain over one night, it just doesn't work. Think of it this way, if you take this drug, and you have a possible deadly allergic reaction you could die, would worrying about one year of high school be worth that much to you? I dropped out of high school, regretted it, I went back to adult schooling two years later and I now have completed it. Failing one year happens to a lot of people, no one is perfect but if you work hard to attain what you want you can do anything
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 9, 2010, 06:50 PM
    And you could have side effects the next day during your exams that will really guarantee you fail!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 9, 2010, 07:15 PM

Yes, it will not help you study, it will make you nervous, and when you start coming down, you will be of no use taking a test

And you will not learn a years study in one night, you either know it, or you don't, if you wasted the year it was during the year. Now it is time to find out if you did waste your year or not

Jun 10, 2010, 10:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello S:

If you DO take it, you might waste more years than that.

excon
    It is only 20mg, I am a minor and I didn't commit any other offensives.I don't think I will be doing hard time for it.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 10, 2010, 10:36 AM
    It is only 20mg, I am a minor and I didn't commit any other offensives.I don't think I will be doing hard time for it.
    He's talking about side effects and aftereffects.

You're a fool if you take it. And if you haven't kept up with your studies, one night of doped or undoped cramming won't help. Been there, tried it. Didn't work.
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Jun 10, 2010, 05:39 PM
    And there are perhaps 1 million other 'but's' you haven't done yet either, BUT there just might come-a-day when you will(or won't), living in denial of the possibilities and taking chances, well,it's your life, none of us are going to tell you to take this,I actually wonder why you even wrote this thread?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 10, 2010, 05:53 PM
    Hello minor:

I wasn't talking about hard time. I was talking about addiction. I know, I know - you're different.

excon

Jun 10, 2010, 06:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KBC View Post
    And there are perhaps 1 million other 'but's' you haven't done yet either,,BUT there just might come-a-day when you will(or won't),,living in denial of the possibilities and taking chances,,well,it's your life,,none of us are going to tell you to take this,I actually wonder why you even wrote this thread?
    I wrote this thread to ask if I should take 10mg or 20mg. Now you people are saying its wrong and I will screw up my life if I do. I have seen people do several times, and they didn't screw up there lives. Most of them are in college cause they did take it. It is not life I am taking heroin or crack. It is not life I am committing a huge federal crime. I am just trying to study.
    Ultra Member

Jun 10, 2010, 07:07 PM
    Why then do you need 'help' studying?

Are you behind?Trying to make more effort?Where are your priorities?Studying or partying?

None of us are saying that you are going to become addicted, but the possibility is always there, it does happen.You can't know how many people have thought just as you are and have ended up where I am, or worse.

Recovery after a long career in the drug world isn't all that it's cracked up to be.. we are just trying to let you know that using speeders for study can progress to more and more use,the use makes you come into contact with others who use or sell,etc,making it easier to get more,or something different, but again, it's your life, we have been there,we have already experienced what we needed to and some of us don't want to return to it.

I hope you don't begin this course, the study time and career path isn't one of higher learning,
    Ultra Member

Jun 10, 2010, 07:12 PM
    I wrote this thread to ask if I should take 10mg or 20mg. Now you people are saying its wrong and I will screw up my life if I do. I have seen people do several times, and they didn't screw up there lives. Most of them are in college cause they did take it. It is not life I am taking heroin or crack. It is not life I am committing a huge federal crime. I am just trying to study.
    Just a note:

Have you noticed your wording?

I'll highlight the ones I see that you might not be aware of that are suspect.

Jun 11, 2010, 06:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by KBC View Post
    Why then do you need 'help' studying?

Are you behind?Trying to make more effort?Where are your priorities?Studying or partying?

None of us are saying that you are going to become addicted,,but the possibility is always there,,it does happen.You can't know how many people have thought just as you are and have ended up where I am,,or worse.

Recovery after a long career in the drug world isn't all that it's cracked up to be..we are just trying to let you know that using speeders for study can progress to more and more use,the use makes you come into contact with others who use or sell,etc,making it easier to get more,or something different,,but again,,it's your life,,we have been there,we have already experienced what we needed to and some of us don't want to return to it.

I hope you don't begin this course,,the study time and career path isn't one of higher learning,,
    Screw it, I will just take 10mg
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 11, 2010, 06:52 AM
    It is not life I am committing a huge federal crime.
    Actually you are. If this was not prescribed for you, you are committing a felony and so is the person you got it from.
    poeticmelody Posts: 23, Reputation: 8

Jun 11, 2010, 06:56 AM

Absolutely not under any circumstances.
    It will make you irritable and anxious.
    Your brain will be working a million miles per hour and you won't get any work done because you won't be able to concentrate.
    Plus, when you come down you will feel awful and in no mood to do any kind of academic work.

Throw it down the toilet and study hard like everyone else; trust me things are never as bad as they seem, well, unless they are, but, where exams are concerned, everyone gets nervous.
    Get revising and leave that rubbish alone.
    Good luck :)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 11, 2010, 06:58 AM
    It will also put your brain into such overdrive that you will get confused as to what the right answers are.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jun 11, 2010, 08:59 AM

Shinokiba, this is a stupid idea. Plain and simple. What you should be doing is studying at least a little every day up until your finals. Putting it off until the last minute is the first bad idea. And then taking drugs is the second, much stupider idea. Is that what you plan to do all through college too? Depend on drugs forever?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My best fiiend took a lethal dose of amphetamine [ 10 Answers ]

May I take a moment to reflect back to a moment in my life when I heard the tragic news of a very very dear friend of mine. She loved life and everything about it, Health and Fitness, Nature, Animals, and so on. She loved partying too. Don't we all? She was such an inspiration to me and I...

View more questions Search